BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

BMW 2007 model overview

6K views 26 replies 17 participants last post by  rixchard 
#1 ·
This morning while having coffee at the shop I had the chance to review the 07 model overview spec information.

Zero changes to the 07 LT as far as any options, etc. from the 06 model. The only changes are in color, as has already been mentioned here. Three color options for 07......night black (a straight, non-metalic), smoke gray (an 06 color option carried over), and baritz blue. This is the same blue that was on a limited number of RT's back in 03 or thereabouts. IMO it is a great color. I really loved it on the RT and it should look even better on the LT. It's more a true navy blue, darker than the current ocean blue and little or no metalic.

Begining in Jan. 07 traction control will be available on the following models. R series: RT, ST, R, GS and GS ADv. K series: GT. The system will also come with an on/off switch on all models and can be activated/deactivated on the fly, the same capability as with some four wheeled vehicles. The system monitors rear wheel for slippage via the ABS tone ring. Should slippage occur, either timing and/or fuel flow is adjusted to prevent spin up of the rear wheel. Interesting that on the GS and GS Adv. there are two different levels of active traction control that can be utilized. One for street application and the second for off road conditions. My guess is that the off road setting raises the level that the system activates to somewhat accomodate less traction on off road conditions. At any rate, BMW continues to raise the bar when it comes to safety issues on motorcycles.

Dick

See less See more
#2 ·
I heard this guy who turns wrenches for the Harley-Davidson police motorcycle training program invented traction control for motorcycles...

Pete

#4 ·
Pete:

I'm surprised that you knew that! Most people would just think that BMW did the work on it. Me thinks you need to get a new avitar with the LT instead of the wrecked RTP.

Dick

#5 ·
DRothermel said:
Pete:

I'm surprised that you knew that! Most people would just think that BMW did the work on it. Me thinks you need to get a new avitar with the LT instead of the wrecked RTP.

Dick

awww, I EARNED that pic, my friend!!! Besides, I'm not an expert on wrecked RT's...but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Attachments

#8 ·
Thanks, Dick. I wonder if it will retrofit to the '06 models? Or if we'll just have to listen to Joe whinge about it. :)

#10 ·
2007 on Internet

The 2007 model information is on the BMW web site now. In addition to the previously mentioned color changes, they appear to have made the prep for the Navigator and the "soft touch" seat standard.

#11 ·
I keep wondering why everyone is so eage to pick on that poor, defenseless Joe...heh, heh, heh!

By the by, Ken, are you planning on visiting me this winter? Of course, you are welcome to 'pitch camp' with us! My SO was asking about you recently and I told her you were busy running about!

Terry

#12 ·
I'd like to pop by for a visit but work is still nuts. Hope you're enjoying this great weather we've been having. :D

#16 ·
messenger13 said:
Whining about work, AND the weather Ken?
Nah, actually the weather has been great up here for the past few weeks. Wish I had more time to ride. ;) Yesterday morning it rained hard, and I had to wait almost a whole hour before the 1.3 mile trip in to work. :)

messenger13 said:
Still jealous over my GT huh? Pity...
Nope. Just trying to pay for mine, and keep a few bucks aside for the initial farkleization. :D

#17 ·
meese said:
Nah, actually the weather has been great up here for the past few weeks. Wish I had more time to ride. ;) Yesterday morning it rained hard, and I had to wait almost a whole hour before the 1.3 mile trip in to work. :)

Nope. Just trying to pay for mine, and keep a few bucks aside for the initial farkleization. :D
TRADER!

<grin>

#18 ·
Lt 07

It would appear this petevandyke is somewhat of a smart guy. What do you think DRothermel? Anyway I just wanted all of the readers to know that I have personally Rode, beat, bashed, top ended, and scraped the pegs off of the new 1200RTP. What a fantastic motorcycle for the law enforcement field. A great wise man talked me into a BMW RT several years ago. Now I have a 03 LT. I have never been disappointed with a motorcycle from BMW and this police bike continues that experience.

Happy Riding

#24 ·
Ignore

hoog62 said:
Wow there MSPSGT, you're a chatty one aren't you?

(join date Apr 2003, 1st post) ;)
The ones who will not or don't fill out there profiles, IGNORE!

#25 ·
Ken,

Have you read how they may have implemented it? I wonder if it is like the MINI Cooper where they use the ABS sensor to tell if the tire is loosing air by measuring and tracking distance of a complete rotation which varies with pressure. I wondered if/when it would be added to there bike line.

Steve
Olympia

meese said:
Thanks, Dick. I wonder if it will retrofit to the '06 models? :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.