BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Fuel Gauge

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  beemerrider 
#1 ·
Not sure when you are due for a fuel filter change, but next time you have the tank out it will be easy to remove the fuel pump assembly and check the float for leaks. The float may just be stuck and not need to be replaced.
beemerrider said:
Hello All

I am sure this has been asked before, but now it has happened to me. I picked up my Lt(2000) a few weeks ago after being in storage and have noticed my fuel gauge does not go up to the full mark once I have filled it up and the computer read out coincides with the fuel gauge. When I stored the bike it had approx. 3/4 tank of fuel. I called my dealer and they said to try and fill it up a few times to see if it would clear and it hasn't. I can get 400km's(250 miles) to a full tank so now I am using my tripometer for my distance. A fuel float ass'y is 260.00 CAD or 150.00 USD. Are there any fixes for this or do I have to buy a new fuel float ass'y. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

#2 ·
Hello All

I am sure this has been asked before, but now it has happened to me. I picked up my Lt(2000) a few weeks ago after being in storage and have noticed my fuel gauge does not go up to the full mark once I have filled it up and the computer read out coincides with the fuel gauge. When I stored the bike it had approx. 3/4 tank of fuel. I called my dealer and they said to try and fill it up a few times to see if it would clear and it hasn't. I can get 400km's(250 miles) to a full tank so now I am using my tripometer for my distance. A fuel float ass'y is 260.00 CAD or 150.00 USD. Are there any fixes for this or do I have to buy a new fuel float ass'y. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.