BMW Luxury Touring Community - View Single Post - Boise to Victoria - Jasper - Banff - Glacier - Jackson - SLC and Home. Advice?
View Single Post
Old Dec 4th, 2011, 8:27 pm

Re: Boise to Victoria - Jasper - Banff - Glacier - Jackson - SLC and Home. Advice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackd
You are entering Yellowstone from the north on US 89.

This September I left Yellowstone and went to Cody then north on Wyoming 296 (Chief Joseph Highway) to US 212 (Beartooth Pass) east. You could continue east on I-90 and come into Yellowstone from the east instead of the north. Both of those roads are must do roads as far as I am concerned. Might add a day to your trip. this website MotorcycleRoads.US was very helpful.

BTW, I came down through Icefields Parkway south from Jasper to Banff... make sure you do Lake Louise it is on your route.

I also came south on 93 however we went to Waterton Lake NP in Canada and crossed back to the US on International Parkway, just north of Glacier and went west over Logan Pass. Waterton Lake is the sister NP to Glacier NP and the lake is pretty impressive. And considering the size of your trip you could be relatively next door.
I'm checking it all out now - thank you.
2011 Thunder Grey R1200RT

"You must intoxicate yourself, if you are a modern man,
to forget the oppressive nature of time."
-Charles Baudelaire

2000 R1100RS (Sold)
1978 R100RS (Sold)