Here is mine, about 3000 miles on it now...
Answering your questions:
1. It is the best seat I have ever had on a bike, period. That includes a number of big name famous "custom" seats. Kontour, for me, beats all of them.
2. It is very, very comfortable to both me and the wife. We ride in south Louisiana where it gets in the 90's temp with 80 % humidity. This results pretty quickly in a great discomfort and monkey butt if you don's sit on something like a bead rider, or get off the seat regularly to air out and dry the underwear. The Kontour actually has airflow your butt can detect, depending on what you are wearing. Have not had any discomfort at all in the high temperatures (90's already) and humidity. A couple of side benefits: the seat does not superheated sitting in direct sunlight for long periods, and it is waterproof, not requiring a cover like leather seats require.
For those who might be concerned about sticking to the seat due to the open weave mesh, you can still move around when running twisties. You are not locked into a single position like a lot of custom comfort seats force on the rider.
3. Seat height did not change, and it maintains the OEM contour unless you happen to be purchasing the "Magnum" which adds some wings for additional support.
4. Cost depends on your specification, and Ron will quote the specific seat cost to you via email. He is very good about returning emails, and appreciates feedback from users. They are competitive with other manufacturers, but present a superior (IMHO) product. You get what you pay for, and these are very, very good products. Quality is not cheap, and hey... we are riding BMW bikes, so what the heck !
5. Workmanship is outstanding. They only modify OEM seat pans, can maintain seat heat pads if your bike has that, and you can see the build quality quite easily all over the seat.
Initially I ordered the split seat upgrade, and then about a month later, sent Ron the money to do a full upgraded BakUp backrest which completes a very, very comfortable bike for me.
In short, that is probably the best money I have spent on a bike upgrade, ever. Except maybe the HID lamps upgrade and the Clearwater Krista LED lamps.
You can have any color you want, so long as it is black. Usually I do not care for black seats, but these look great, even better than the OEM stuff. Everyone who see them comments how nice they look on the bike.
I can, without reservation, recommend Kontour seats to you. They are also a board sponsor too.