BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

NAV V Problems

902 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Mr BMVOO 
#1 ·
My GPS seems to be off a bit. At the top it reads "continue on 13". The map shows the motorcycle icon, but no roads. I have downloaded the latest updates, and re-installed the maps.
Any suggestions?
thanks all!!

#2 ·
I've had that problem for a minute or two after leaving home.
I wouldn't call the area I live in isolated or unmapped but it does seem to take the Nav 5 a couple of minutes to get it's bearings and show the road I'm riding on.
When I'm on the same roads but approaching home on my return journey it's OK i.e. Nav V shows bike on a correctly named road.

Ian

#3 ·
If it is a continuing issue- call Garmin. 1-800-800-1020... when the person answers ask for the OEM group. That Nav 5 support is the best.

#4 ·
Here is the Direct to the OEM for NAV 5 1-866-455-7012....they answer very quick.

#6 ·
I had the same problem, and Garmin replaced my unit. Call the number listed in the earlier response, and ask for the OEM group, as suggested. That's what I did, and it was quick and painless. I had to return my unit before they sent a new one, so the whole process took about a week.

#7 ·
What is it with Nav V's?

I do not recall the issue but when I bought my 15 and the Nav 5 I had to send it in for a new one within a week of owning it. My Father in law bought a 16 and Nav V and within a week he too had to have his replaced.

I have two Zumo 660s and they are flawless after many years of use.

I guess the slight design in hardware and software causes issues?

I have to say Garmin in the OEM department was quick and pleasant to deal with. While it does not make it right it did make it painless.

#8 ·
Up-Date
I called the number you gave me. He had me try several things, but nothing seemed to work. They referred me to Garmin-Europe. They told me I could trade it in at the dealership- no cost. I will go by tomorrow.
Thanks all for the help!!!!1
d

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.