• 1 Post By Hipduf
  • 2 Post By PadG
  • 3 Post By NoelCP
  • 2 Post By topangaguru
  • 1 Post By WillH

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 Old Feb 2nd, 2017, 9:11 am Thread Starter

Kit to lock SatNav to RT

This looks new, for locking/unlocking your Nav V: Wunderlich Navigation security kit R1200RT LC - black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 Old Feb 2nd, 2017, 9:20 am

Re: Kit to lock SatNav to RT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbongo View Post
This looks new, for locking/unlocking your Nav V: Wunderlich Navigation security kit R1200RT LC - black
I guess I hope they sell some since they put an effort into coming up with something.
post #3 of 33 Old Feb 2nd, 2017, 9:54 am

I don't find it on the Wunderlich America website yet.....?????

post #4 of 33 Old Feb 2nd, 2017, 10:16 am

Interesting. I'm no industrial designer, but there's got to be a simpler approach.
post #5 of 33 Old Feb 2nd, 2017, 10:19 am

Location: Bismarck, North Dakota USA_________________2015 R1200RT
Garage

No thanks. I'll just put it in its case and in one of my locked bags. That thing is huge! And ugly, IMHO.
post #6 of 33 Old Feb 2nd, 2017, 10:56 am

Probably most important that it functions as a glare shield, since that is a bigger problem with the Nav V. But ouch, that price!
Geoff c likes this.

2015 R1200RT San Marino Blue
post #7 of 33 Old Feb 2nd, 2017, 12:01 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92merc View Post
No thanks. I'll just put it in its case and in one of my locked bags. That thing is huge! And ugly, IMHO.
Agree! At that price, I will continue to pop the Nav V off and put it into the left tank compartment and lock it there. Actually, at any price, I wouldn't buy one!
joekahng and Geoff c like this.

Pad. Gajajiva
Solon, OH, USA

2015 R1200RT (San Marino Blue Met.)
2014 R1200RT (Quartz Metallic Blue - Returned to BMW)
2007 R1200RT (Sold!)

Once Upon a Time........
1963 Norton Dominator 650 SS
1960 Triumph Bonneville (T120)
1960 Triumph Thunderbird (6T)
1952 Triumph Thunderbird (6T)
1932 Triumph 500
1952 BSA Goldstar
post #8 of 33 Old Feb 2nd, 2017, 12:07 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipduf View Post
Probably most important that it functions as a glare shield, since that is a bigger problem with the Nav V. But ouch, that price!
The only problem is it's hardly going to make a difference as a glare shield--doesn't look like it will provide enough shielding to matter.

Here's my $3.00 solution to glare w/ Nav V. It's basically stiff plastic sprayed black and its sides are hinged using black gorilla tape. It really works! You really need the side panels to catch sunlight coming in laterally. Plus bonus, comes off easily and folds and can be stored in my trunk. I leave Nav V off except for trips as thankfully I can still find my way home locally ;o)

$1.99 white plastic cutting board from Ace Hardware
$0.15 worth of black gorilla tape
$0.15 worth of Krylon Fusion plastic spray paint--it really sticks!
$.80 worth of velcro tape--I bought the kind that will attach to fabric w/o sewing. Note I have a strip also on the top exterior part of the GPS Prep--I have its mate on the collar of my riding jackets so that when I want to leave my helmet and Nav V on the bike for fairly low-risk situations my jacket will stay put and drapes over my helmet which I sit on the gas tank between the handlebars. Yes, of course it's not truly secure but at least obscures what's happening underneath it. If I'm not going to be able to really monitor what's happening the Nav V goes with me or in a locked cubby.

You don't see the glare off the satin black paint from my riding viewing angle, but flat instead of satin black would solve that. The side panels have a no-drip bend in them at the bottom--the cutting board piece came that way and as it turns out it stabilizes them anyway, so it works!

Sorry, fuzzy. I'm folding it flat...
joekahng, Geoff c and nhhandyman like this.

2016 R1200RT - Dreamliner
2013 F800GT - Sold
1986 Parallel Twin Daughters -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1985 Kawasaki 1000 LTD - Sold
1964 Harley Davidson Sprint 250 - Sold
1968 Honda 350 - Sold

Last edited by NoelCP; Feb 2nd, 2017 at 1:14 pm.
post #9 of 33 Old Feb 2nd, 2017, 12:16 pm

i have a shelf on my RT so it cuts the glare.... but i think im gonna farkle this on my old GS....
post #10 of 33 Old Feb 2nd, 2017, 3:08 pm

Cool idea, NoelCP. I wonder if a trip to Staples for a lightweight binder with a black plastic cover would eliminate the painting step. Just a thought.
post #11 of 33 Old Feb 2nd, 2017, 3:44 pm

Location: Bismarck, North Dakota USA_________________2015 R1200RT
Garage

Glare stomper is only $16. Folds up nicely and still fits in my Nav5 Case.

https://www.glarestomper.com/322/#axzz3ywJV1TIQ
post #12 of 33 Old Feb 2nd, 2017, 4:16 pm

Still not really secure. Use and adjustable wrench to remove the nut. Remove the two screws even and pop it off. Sure it will detract the on the spur theft but not someone who is really after one.
Also I have a shelf so those screws are already in use on my bike.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Previous Bikes:

Honda VFR800 2011
Honda VFR1200 2012
post #13 of 33 Old Feb 2nd, 2017, 4:17 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoBones View Post
Cool idea, NoelCP. I wonder if a trip to Staples for a lightweight binder with a black plastic cover would eliminate the painting step. Just a thought.
Probably so. I had the paint already so didn't need to look too hard for black plastic, though hard to beat thru-and-thru color. The cutting mat is quite stiff though which is good I think. I used the paint for my prior F800GT for mounting a cheap small plastic box on the bars. I kept a couple of moist 4x5" sponges in it that I used to wipe my visor and it made riding in the agricultural hotbed I live in so much nicer. I would just pop open the hinged lid, grab a sponge, swipe two times and the air flow dried it off so fast it completely cleared my visor. At 6'4" tall I never found a windscreen I was happy with that would block bug hits. I also repaired scuffs on the side the panniers from a zero speed drop and they came out perfect. Krylon Fusion is so good you can paint polyethylene/polypropylene w/ very little prep and get it to stick well. The paint job on the plastic box never needed repainted in 2y of use, which is amazing for painted poly.

2013 F800GT - Sold

1968 Honda 350 - Sold
post #14 of 33 Old Feb 2nd, 2017, 7:16 pm

There is an easy and FREE way to keep your Nav from being easily removed.

Just remove the pushbutton!

This is a little more difficult than it appears, but I will explain.
Remove the windshield (4 torx screws) and the two torx screws that hold on the cover panel above the Nav. do this carefully as to not damage the Nav button or the mounting tabs on the plastic cover panel. You will then have access to the Nav pushbutton.

There is a plastic spur on the button that keeps it from falling out of it's mount. Push it in to remove the button and file or shave down the spur so that it no longer will keep the button in place.

Now you can slide the button in and out and keep it in the lockable compartment on the RT fairing. Buy a small black rubber stopper at a hardware store and insert it into the button shaft hole. Shave down the two opposite sides to make if fit better and look like the original Nav button.

Certainly, a dedicated thief will stop at nothing to get the Nav if they really want it but this makes it a great deal more difficult to remove since you have the "Key" (Button) located somewhere else.

The button shaft is quite long and gets rather thin at the point where it engages the release on the Nav Mount. So you would need a very thin screwdriver and know exactly where to put it in order to release the lock.

If you mess it up, a new button is only a few bucks from BMW.

Works for me... and it's free!

Bye-the-bye... the GlareStomper is a reasonable way to keep some glare and reflections off the screen, it's cheap, removable, folds up and doesn't look like a hack job.
WillH and joekahng like this.
post #15 of 33 Old Feb 3rd, 2017, 7:31 am
LAF
Lifetime Supporter

Well I want one. Not suprising right?

First is just for the sun shade! Yes I have used the mentioned product and it is a nice product but with putting the Velcro around the GPS, even my old 2820, I did not care for. I did have it on my 660 I just replaced after 10 years so I am not knocking the product as it works.

As is said, and will ALWAYS be true is, locks only keep honest people out. A determined thief will take what is yours if he or she wants it bad enough. I like this as it will stop the thief of opportunity, meaning not gonna take it if it is any hassle or will draw attention to myself to get me caught. That is all I expect of this device. I want to be able to walk in and pay for my gas and get a drink while my bike sits in a relatively close proximity to me. I always throw my jacket over the shield and dash to cover it anyway.

As far as removal, with a shield down those torx are hard to get at and you would need to know the nut size and carry that with you. Not something a thief of opportunity would have. Also it looks like that bend that comes down helps cover that nut from general sight. We are seeing the pictures strait on or pointed a little upwards, not looking at it from standing beside the bike.

I like it as it has potential to mount other things on it. I am not sure what, but my Fast Pass for the Turnpike comes to mind right away.

If I go to eat and can not look out a window and see my bike, everything comes off and goes in cases. I like this for quick stops for a little piece of mind but it does not take the place of full lock up of overnight parking or a sketchy neighborhood.

Not listed on the US site so I sent an e-mail. I can live without it, but I see value and uses for it.

Lee
15 R1200 RTLC San Marino Blue Metallic
10 Liquid Silver FJR1300 Sold
O7 Biarritz Blue Metallic LT Totaled 7/17/2010
ATGATT I am breathing proof.
BMW MOA #135959
post #16 of 33 Old Feb 8th, 2017, 7:48 am

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by topangaguru View Post
There is an easy and FREE way to keep your Nav from being easily removed.

Just remove the pushbutton!

This is a little more difficult than it appears, but I will explain.
Remove the windshield (4 torx screws) and the two torx screws that hold on the cover panel above the Nav. do this carefully as to not damage the Nav button or the mounting tabs on the plastic cover panel. You will then have access to the Nav pushbutton.

There is a plastic spur on the button that keeps it from falling out of it's mount. Push it in to remove the button and file or shave down the spur so that it no longer will keep the button in place.

Now you can slide the button in and out and keep it in the lockable compartment on the RT fairing. Buy a small black rubber stopper at a hardware store and insert it into the button shaft hole. Shave down the two opposite sides to make if fit better and look like the original Nav button.

Certainly, a dedicated thief will stop at nothing to get the Nav if they really want it but this makes it a great deal more difficult to remove since you have the "Key" (Button) located somewhere else.

The button shaft is quite long and gets rather thin at the point where it engages the release on the Nav Mount. So you would need a very thin screwdriver and know exactly where to put it in order to release the lock.

If you mess it up, a new button is only a few bucks from BMW.

Works for me... and it's free!
Curious about this so I did as you stated and removed the button from mine. I did not "shave down or remove the tab" as you did opting instead to leave the spring tab intact and fabricated my own "pusher" rod from a piece of plastic (actually a telephone wire installation tool) that I keep on a key ring in the front glovebox along with the NAV cover plate. I bought a PVC plastic tube end cap to push back in the open hole of the tupperware just for looks.

The original button I put away in my garage and since I did not modify the bike in any way, I can return the bike to 100% stock by simply pushing the button back in through the open hole - it will slide in and catch the spring tab once again and function just like it did when new. No need to remove the windshield and tupperware again.

I may buy a replacement button from BMW anyway (~$8) and modify it so that I can use it to plug the hole instead of the PVC tube cap: It can be cut down in length and inserted into the hole so that it is flush or just below flush with the tupperware. Probably drill a very small hole in the end with which I can use a small pick to remove it when I need to remove the NAV.

Not difficult or time consuming - hardest part is getting the button and the 2 halves of the tupperware separated. If anyone is interested, I can post a few pictures.

Note that I would never leave the NAV on the bike if I will be away for any length of time: I would only leave it on the bike for short breaks and this method would keep the casual passerby from just nabbing the NAV in a few seconds. Not too many people would even know how to do that so this is just a little extra piece of mind. I have almost dropped the NAV already so the less remove/install I do when stopping the better. Would hate to drop it and break it because I am trying to keep it safe from thieves.
LAF likes this.

Current Bike:
2014 R1200RT Quartz Blue Metallic
---------------------------------------
Previous Bikes:
2013 BMW F800GT White
---35 Year Gap-----
1966 Honda CB77 305 Superhawk - Red
1977 Husqvarna 250 Enduro - Red
1976 Yamaha 125 Enduro - Red

post #17 of 33 Old Feb 9th, 2017, 10:08 am

Garage

There is also another way to remove the Nav button without taking off the windshield and tupperware which can be fiddly - that is if you are willing to modify the original button.

Remove the NAV from the cradle and drill a hole in the button so that you can insert a paper clip or similar into the hole to release the tang. With the tang pushed, just pull the button out. You will still need to fabricate an alternate button or modify your existing button to keep with you when you need to remove the NAV but you can buy a replacement button (~$8) to keep as a backup that you can put back in to return the bike to stock. Just be careful that you only drill through the thin wall of the button and not all the way into the tang itself (or deeper - yikes!). Only drilling about 1/32" deep or so.........

Again, I can post pictures if anyone is interested.

Current Bike:
Previous Bikes:
2013 BMW F800GT White
---35 Year Gap-----

post #18 of 33 Old Feb 9th, 2017, 10:39 am

Just curious--I wonder how many of you leave Nav V on the bike for run of the mill daily local riding. I never have, I just use it when I go OOT and need GPS. Same goes for my side cases--they are parked in the man cave and only come out for long trips essentially.

2013 F800GT - Sold

1968 Honda 350 - Sold
post #19 of 33 Old Feb 9th, 2017, 11:26 am

I also leave the side cases off except for trips, but like running the Nav always. One (of a number of) feature on it I am kinda spoiled by is the speed readout and speed limits for wherever I am. I usually try to park where I can see it and don't bother with removing it unless I am going to be away from the bike for a longer period of time like a meal or something.

Chris

Ain't nothin like a friend who can tell you you're just pissin in the wind - Neil Young
2015 BMW R1200RT
2007 KTM 300XC-w
Yard Art - 1968 Sachs 90
& 1968 Hodaka Ace 90

post #20 of 33 Old Feb 9th, 2017, 11:36 am
LAF
Lifetime Supporter

Since it wasnt on the USA site I sent off a e-mail on availability. 2 weeks or so.

Cost is 149.00 plus aprox 10 shipping.

I am gonna have to pass and just keep on doing it the way I do. I like it and I do think it will save a opportunist thief, I have invested all play money to a a ongoing project anyway.

Guys been saying a screw driver prying up on it ripping it out of the dash, and turning out the bolt and other things but a guy walking buy can pop that button, catch that GPS, and be by the bike in like 3 seconds without breaking stride.

Lee
15 R1200 RTLC San Marino Blue Metallic
10 Liquid Silver FJR1300 Sold
O7 Biarritz Blue Metallic LT Totaled 7/17/2010
ATGATT I am breathing proof.
BMW MOA #135959
post #21 of 33 Old Feb 9th, 2017, 12:31 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoelCP View Post
Just curious--I wonder how many of you leave Nav V on the bike for run of the mill daily local riding.
I have the GPS on most of the time, same goes for side cases but top box and tank bag is only on the bike when travelling.

Gerhard

post #22 of 33 Old Feb 9th, 2017, 12:42 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Just curious--I wonder how many of you leave Nav V on the bike for run of the mill daily local riding. I never have, I just use it when I go OOT and need GPS. Same goes for my side cases--they are parked in the man cave and only come out for long trips essentially.
I leave it on the bike most of the time. If I'm parked where I can't keep an eye on it, I put it in my tank bag, hit the quick release on the bag and take it with me. My SW Motech tank bag has a nice carry handle, which makes it pretty simple and easy.

Life happens...you control your reaction.

2015 R1200 RT (holy cow…what a bike)
2007 K1200 LT (sold)
2005 DR 650 (sold)
2002 Harley Ultra (sold)
1999 Harley Road King (sold)
1996 K1100 LT (sold)
1990 Honda Shadow (sold)
1978-1993 Raising Kids; Paying Mortgages
1975 Honda CB550 (sold but wish I still had)
Homemade Motor Bike (mounted a 3.5 HP Briggs & Stratton on my bicycle at age 12)
post #23 of 33 Old Feb 9th, 2017, 4:54 pm

At the rate I DON'T use Nav V, it will be essentially brand new 5 years from now. Really helpful on trips and right now w/ the Waterworld we live in in Nor Cal this year trips are still a ways out. Now if they make a programming update to allow My Moto data to display for '16 RT as they now do for '17 RT I would definitely keep it on the bike for routine riding. Maybe they will allow a code update if that's all it takes. About the only reason though is so I can display TPM & ambient temp at the same time Ever since watching TPM display in realtime my real tire pressure dropping as I was accelerating on a freeway onramp on my F800GT I've been hooked on having TPM values on display all the time

What would be too cool for BMW Navigator would be two features: 1, radar detection displayed off the the side like the offramp graphic is, i.e. using that portion of the display to indicate radar/laser detection--you just buy the sensor which of course is made by BMW and fits somewhere it ought too nice and discreet like; and 2, I would love to have a rear camera view accessible thru the wonder wheel and displaying on Nav V. They're dirt cheap, waterproof rearview video cameras. This way you could see stuff approaching fast on your 6, and nice for backing up out of parking etc. About the time this RT needs upgraded to the next bike maybe those two features will be there.

2013 F800GT - Sold

1968 Honda 350 - Sold

Last edited by NoelCP; Feb 9th, 2017 at 5:02 pm.
post #24 of 33 Old Feb 9th, 2017, 7:28 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
At the rate I DON'T use Nav V, it will be essentially brand new 5 years from now. Really helpful on trips and right now w/ the Waterworld we live in in Nor Cal this year trips are still a ways out. Now if they make a programming update to allow My Moto data to display for '16 RT as they now do for '17 RT I would definitely keep it on the bike for routine riding. Maybe they will allow a code update if that's all it takes. About the only reason though is so I can display TPM & ambient temp at the same time Ever since watching TPM display in realtime my real tire pressure dropping as I was accelerating on a freeway onramp on my F800GT I've been hooked on having TPM values on display all the time

What would be too cool for BMW Navigator would be two features: 1, radar detection displayed off the the side like the offramp graphic is, i.e. using that portion of the display to indicate radar/laser detection--you just buy the sensor which of course is made by BMW and fits somewhere it ought too nice and discreet like; and 2, I would love to have a rear camera view accessible thru the wonder wheel and displaying on Nav V. They're dirt cheap, waterproof rearview video cameras. This way you could see stuff approaching fast on your 6, and nice for backing up out of parking etc. About the time this RT needs upgraded to the next bike maybe those two features will be there.
I wish BMW Motorrad would get with the program and, similar to most of the car manufacturers, just have a screen that pairs with your mobile device. Let the mobile device be the "brains" of the GPS system and just have a touch sensitive screen to manage the data. I would think that would be far less expensive than the $900 for a free standing unit which duplicates what your phone is already capable of. This would also give access to music on the phone. Since this technology already exists in cars, it just seems simple to make it motorcycle capable.

Life happens...you control your reaction.

2015 R1200 RT (holy cow…what a bike)
2007 K1200 LT (sold)
2005 DR 650 (sold)
2002 Harley Ultra (sold)
1999 Harley Road King (sold)
1996 K1100 LT (sold)
1990 Honda Shadow (sold)
1978-1993 Raising Kids; Paying Mortgages
1975 Honda CB550 (sold but wish I still had)
Homemade Motor Bike (mounted a 3.5 HP Briggs & Stratton on my bicycle at age 12)
post #25 of 33 Old Feb 9th, 2017, 8:40 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by powwow View Post
I wish BMW Motorrad would get with the program and, similar to most of the car manufacturers, just have a screen that pairs with your mobile device. Let the mobile device be the "brains" of the GPS system and just have a touch sensitive screen to manage the data. I would think that would be far less expensive than the $900 for a free standing unit which duplicates what your phone is already capable of. This would also give access to music on the phone. Since this technology already exists in cars, it just seems simple to make it motorcycle capable.

So what happens when you have poor or no cell service?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #26 of 33 Old Feb 9th, 2017, 10:29 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkpilot View Post
CoPilot and Locus are two Android apps that I use - all the map data is stored on the phone, just like a dedicated GPS. No cellular service or data plan is needed. You don't even need a SIM card. iGO Navigation is similar, available for both Android and Apple, and is the software used by many auto manufacturers for their built-in navigation systems. Google Maps lets you download map data to the phone via WiFi or cellular if you know in advance you will be going to an area without cellular service.

Larry
2006 R1200RT
post #27 of 33 Old Feb 9th, 2017, 10:31 pm

Quote:

Cell phones have GPS chips. No need for cell signal. I've used maps.me, offline maps app.
Not a big fan but it works.
post #28 of 33 Old Feb 10th, 2017, 12:01 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatM55 View Post
Cell phones have GPS chips. No need for cell signal. I've used maps.me, offline maps app.
Not a big fan but it works.

Cell phones have assisted GPS, and are heavily reliant on cell or wifi. What about maps and directions? Won't have those in the hinterlands. Don't get me wrong. I MUCH prefer my smartphone navigation apps. They put the NAV5 to shame.

post #29 of 33 Old Feb 10th, 2017, 12:16 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Garage

Just received email from Wunderlich USA in California. It has the navigation security kid on order, but it is still in production.

If you want to be notified when the kit is here, contact: edward@wunderlichamerica.com

Jeff Dean

Tucson, AZ -- formerly Madison, WI
'15 R1200RT, '15 R1200R, '67 R60/2 (x3),
'69 R60US, '55 R67/3, '49 R24

post #30 of 33 Old Feb 10th, 2017, 4:21 pm

Quote:
Cell phones have assisted GPS, and are heavily reliant on cell or wifi. What about maps and directions? Won't have those in the hinterlands. Don't get me wrong. I MUCH prefer my smartphone navigation apps. They put the NAV5 to shame.

No need for cell towers if the cell is equipped with a GPS chip. For maps, there are plenty of free and pay apps that have downloadable maps. I use maps.me. It's free. I use it on a tablet without cell support and no WiFi in the area.

I'm not discussing your preferences as I think it all depends on what you use the device for and how you use it. If it serves your purpose, it's fine.
Otherwise the discussion tends to go the PC/Mac/Linux, etc route. It's pointless.

ps to get back on topic, the lock is interesting. If BMW couldn't provide a way to lock the NAV, it's great that others find good solutions.

Last edited by PatM55; Feb 10th, 2017 at 4:29 pm.
post #31 of 33 Old Feb 14th, 2017, 4:45 pm

Hi WillH,

I'm curious to see exactly what you've done - it sounds like the most attractive interim solution to me. I'm not looking for real "security", I don't think that is possible even with the GSs lovely lockable mount, what I do want is to be able to go in and pay for fuel and expect to get back to the bike with the sat-nav where I left it! The as-original-set-up is just far to easy for the light fingered brigade to help themselves.

Thanks
post #32 of 33 Old Feb 14th, 2017, 7:52 pm

Garage

Has anyone actually had their NAV stolen from their RT? If so, where was it parked? Where were you? How long were you away from your RT when the NAV disappeared? (Now, was it recovered?)

First-hand reports only, please.

Jack Goertz
'12 Triumph Bonneville
'15 BMW R1200RT
post #33 of 33 Old Feb 15th, 2017, 10:18 am

Garage

Here is a photo of the back side of the housing that shows how the button is held in place. Just a simple plastic tang that rides in the slot of the button.

There may be more than the two ways I have mentioned to remove the button but with the button being so inexpensive from BMW, drilling a small hole in the existing button and using a paper clip from the front side of the bike is probably the simplest. Then buy another button to store away in the event you sell the bike or wish to return back to stock - Since you won't be damaging the plastic tang, the button should slide back in and the tang will reengage once again.

Once the button is removed, you can use your own creativity with regard to fashioning an alternate button that is removeable. One idea I had was to fill the slot in the button with epoxy and sand it flush so that the tang will no longer engage the slot in the button which would allow you to keep the original button in the tupperware for looks and function but still be able to remove it when you want to step away from the bike for a few minutes. Another idea (the one that I have chosen) is to fabricate a separate tool that will engage the lock release and keep this tool in the front storage box and then modify the original button by cutting off the slot portion entirely so that I can put it back in the tupperware for appearance - once you cut it off, it will no longer extend deep enough to engage the release mechanism of the NAV. You can attach some type of "nib" the end of the button so that you can insert and remove it easily or, drill a hole and use some type of small pick tool that you would keep in the storage box.

I can post more pictures later - I am heading out of town for a few days.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0001.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	373.7 KB
ID:	122562  

Current Bike:
Previous Bikes:
2013 BMW F800GT White
---35 Year Gap-----

Last edited by WillH; Feb 15th, 2017 at 11:22 am.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.