BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Safety Gear Survey

41K views 256 replies 236 participants last post by  SvFiat 
#1 ·
I thought I would survey what safety gear us LT riders are wearing. In order to tally the results and report stats, please respond using the following method:

I am asking for a 5 digit number made up of "1s" and "0s" (binary code). Your responses are:
YES = 1, NO = 0​
I have listed the gear in a specific order (for obvious reasons):

GEAR: GLOVES, BOOTS, JACKET, PANTS, HELMET (please remember to use this order in your response!)​
Here are some examples:

1) If you wear a helmet, jacket and pants but not gloves or boots your response would be: 00111

2) If you wear gloves, jacket and helmet but not boots or pants your response would be: 10101

I realize that not everyone may wear all their gear all the time, but please respond for what you usually wear most of the time.

Thanks!

#15 ·

One torn knee from just wearing my Levis was enough. I don't care if it's 115' out, I'll have my mesh pants on along with all the rest.

John

#19 ·
11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:wave
Never was very good at math! :D

Reactions: Pabst
#20 ·
One fall at 50mph on a gravel road in the middle of Turkey wearing ALL Belstaf gear was enough to convine me.

#21 ·
All 11111's. But not till this year. Started wearing all the gear so my Wife would feel safer. It worked! Said she felt much safer. That made her really relax and enjoy the moment. ;)

Going to CCR in Midway was my Wifes' first long distance trip....EVER!
I am really proud of her...we put in a couple 10 hr. days.
She was a trooper! :dance:

#23 ·

By pants, I'm assuming you mean some sort of riding pant. IMNSHO, jeans are not suitable for riding pants.

When a paramedic friend told me most of her motorcycle accident victims had their jeans ripped almost totally off and those who were wearing shoes were usually found barefoot, I decided I had better go ATTGATT. Sometimes it is a little hotter in the summer, but a $100 phase change vest makes the difference between riding or not on hot summer days.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.