BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

4300K VS 5000K HID Color Temperature Comparison

50K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  loansumrider 
#1 ·
We are always getting questions from customers relating to 4300k vs 5000k. Most people looking to get an HID kit in this kelvin range are usually looking for bright white output, with very little blue to the light. One of our customers recently took some awesome pictures showing the differences between XenonDepot's H11 4300k rebased bulb (Philips), and XenonDepot's H11 5000k rebased HID bulbs. We've always explained the difference between the two as being minimal, but 4300k ultimately looking more "natural" with a "warmer" tone to them.

Not only did our customer to take the time to post up comparison pictures between XenonDepot's two kelvin temperatures, he also took the time to post up some comparison pictures between XenonDepot's 5000k HID bulbs and several other vendors' 5000k HID bulbs. XenonDepot accurately rates their bulbs' color temperatures, meaning that when you order a 5000k HID kit/bulb - that's what you're going to get. The pictures below show just how different the same kelvin bulb can differ between vendors - even though they should really be the same....

Philips 4300K vs XenonDepot 5000K

Philips 4300K HID Bulb

Philips 4300K HID Bulb Vs Other Brands

XenonDepot's rebased Philips HID bulbs are accurately rated at 4300 kelvin, and are rated at 3200 lumens - same bulbs that are used in OEM HID applications. They also color shift to 4700K after 100 hours, which means that they're going to get "crisper" over time. Here are some pictures comparing XenonDepot's rebased Philips 4300k bulbs to another brand:

XenonDepot 5000K HID Bulbs

XenonDepot 5000K HID Bulbs VS Other Brands

XenonDepot 5000K HID bulbs are rated to their true kelvin output. Take a look at the pictures below to see the differences between the XenonDepot 5000K HID bulbs and other brands (notice that there is significantly less blue):

See less See more
#2 ·
UPDATE

Here are some updated pictures of the Philips 4300K H11 HID bulbs color shifting from 4300K to 4700K. As you can see in the pictures below the Philips bulbs are slighter whiter which gives you a good balance of color and light output.

#3 ·
Very cool, thanks for posting!

I've been using 100,000,000K lately, every time I turn my lights off, it creates a black hole and wrinkles the space/time continuum.

#4 ·
I've got a lot of different HID kit parts laying around and have been known to do mix and match with bulbs and ballasts.
Been lucky enough not to have any of the cheapy ballasts die but many aren't so lucky.
One thing though, I definitely prefer the 4300K Philips tubes you guys sell. I'm into effective focused light on the road and they get it done, well.

I usually add a pair of LED lamps for a triangle effect, both to supplement the main (low) beam and for conspicuity

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.