Paint colour code details - BMW Luxury Touring Community
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By jzeiler
  • 1 Post By cws
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old Nov 27th, 2012, 5:16 am Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
K100Dennis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Railton, Tasmania, Australia
Posts: 876
Paint colour code details

I need to have some scratches repaired on the lower left enging side cover (long story ). The part colour is listed as Magnesium on the fische. Does anyone have or know of the paint spec details, colour code etc ? I'd like to be able to provide the info to the painter if possible. Year 2005, Light Yellow Metallic, but the lower sections are all the same colour as far as I know.

Dennis
1987 Yamaha TY250R
1991 Aprilia Climber 280
1988 K100RT (the pack horse)
2005 K1200LTE Light yellow metallic
K100Dennis is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 23 Old Nov 27th, 2012, 5:46 am
cws
Senior Member
 
cws's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posts: 3,034
Garage
Re: Paint colour code details

from an old post of Joe's

Paint Color List
K1200LT - Colors by Year

1999 - Canyon Red, Basalt Grey Metallic, Champagne Metallic
2000 - Canyon Red, Basalt Grey Metallic, Champagne Metallic, Pacific Blue Metallic
2001 - Mauve Pearl, Night Black, Toscana Green Metallic, Pacific Blue Metallic, Champagne Metallic
2002 - Night Black, Pacific Blue Metallic, Toscana Green Metallic, Mauve Pearl, Titan Silver Metallic
2003 - Titan Silver Metallic, Anthracite Metallic, Impala Brown Metallic, Night Black
2004 - Impala Brown Metallic, Night Black, Titan Silver Metallic
2005 - Ocean Blue Metallic, Dark Graphite Metallic, Light Yellow Metallic
2006 - Ocean Blue Metallic, Magnesium Black Graphite, Storm Gray Metallic
2007 - Night Black, Biarritz Blue Metallic, Storm Gray Metallic

(BMW only officially offers 3 colors per year. But many Beemers are shipped over here painted colors from previous years. Champagne Metallic and Night Black are probably the two greatest examples of these 'anomalies'.)


K1200LT - Paint Codes
Anthracite Metallic (397)
Biarritz Blue Metallic (847)
Basalt Gray Metallic (410)
Canyon Red Metallic (343)
Champagne Metallic (417)
Dark Graphite Metallic (919)
Impala Brown Metallic (418)
Light Yellow Metallic (376)
Magnesium Black Graphite (N01)
Mauve Pearl (489)
Night Black (668)
Ocean Blue Metallic (947)
Pacific Blue Metallic (441)
Storm Gray Metallic (N02)
Titan Silver Metallic (354)
Toscana Green Metallic (492)


Trim colors / codes (i.e. dash etc.)
Magnesium Metallic (957)


As expected, I found a few conflicts regarding paint code numbers. I did the best that I could. Perhaps BMW used different paint codes for the same color from year to year.

Hope this helps...
__________________
- Joe

Chris
Sydney, NSW
2005 Dark Graphite Metallic K1200LT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Orient Blue Metallic K1200GT SE
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ulysses #45310
GS911


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

cws is offline  
post #3 of 23 Old Nov 27th, 2012, 5:52 am
cws
Senior Member
 
cws's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posts: 3,034
Garage
Re: Paint colour code details

I remember from when I looked this up a while ago... Colorite was also a good source for paint matching .

http://www.colorrite.com/product/bmw...allic-2204.cfm

Chris
Sydney, NSW
2005 Dark Graphite Metallic K1200LT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Orient Blue Metallic K1200GT SE
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ulysses #45310
GS911


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

cws is offline  
post #4 of 23 Old Nov 27th, 2012, 6:12 am Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
K100Dennis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Railton, Tasmania, Australia
Posts: 876
Re: Paint colour code details

Thanks Chris. I presume the code is an international thing ?? It appears that a clear top coat is also used, finish is satin.

Dennis
1987 Yamaha TY250R
1991 Aprilia Climber 280
1988 K100RT (the pack horse)
2005 K1200LTE Light yellow metallic
K100Dennis is offline  
post #5 of 23 Old Nov 27th, 2012, 9:55 am
Senior Member
 
tips727's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Madisonville, KY, USA
Posts: 334
Re: Paint colour code details

Quote:
Originally Posted by K100Dennis
I need to have some scratches repaired on the lower left enging side cover (long story ). The part colour is listed as Magnesium on the fische. Does anyone have or know of the paint spec details, colour code etc ? I'd like to be able to provide the info to the painter if possible. Year 2005, Light Yellow Metallic, but the lower sections are all the same colour as far as I know.
My bike is the same color scheme and I believe your paint codes are 376 for the light yellow metallic and 058 for the magnesium metallic. I have found OEM touchup paints on eBay as available from a BMW car dealership. BMW motorcycle dealers do not stock touchup paint it appears but maybe the car dealers do.

Tips


BMW K1200LT - 2005

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
tips727 is offline  
post #6 of 23 Old Nov 27th, 2012, 12:37 pm
Senior Member
 
Atomicman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bellevue, WA, USA
Posts: 1,552
Re: Paint colour code details

Holt BMW knows all the color codes. They are also a Glasurit dealer (BMW OEM Paint) and do restorative as well as custom paint work.

Very helpful and knowledgable. I have bought OEM paint from them twice.


www.holtbmw.com

The Older I Get, the Faster I Was!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2009 "Fully Farkled"Black Metallic Sapphire RT
Atomicman is offline  
post #7 of 23 Old Nov 27th, 2012, 1:22 pm
Junior Member
 
finiusj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: syracuse, ny, usa
Posts: 22
Garage
Re: Paint colour code details

The BMW paint code for the light yellow is 949 (according to my local dealer) and Colorrite has it as 376. Can any one with first-hand experience with color attest to the fact that it will, in fact, match the original color?
finiusj is offline  
post #8 of 23 Old Nov 27th, 2012, 8:48 pm Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
K100Dennis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Railton, Tasmania, Australia
Posts: 876
Re: Paint colour code details

Thankyou all for your assistance in this. Holt BMW, Ohio are to be commended for their prompt response to my query regarding the paint code. They are right on the money, excellent. For information - BMW colour scheme code 949 is for light yellow metallic over Magnesium Metallic Matt for lower sections and trims. Individually - light yellow metallic is BMW code 376 and magnesium metallic matt is BMW code 957. The Glasurit website also has an excellent colour code search function which confirms this info as well.

Dennis
1987 Yamaha TY250R
1991 Aprilia Climber 280
1988 K100RT (the pack horse)
2005 K1200LTE Light yellow metallic
K100Dennis is offline  
post #9 of 23 Old Nov 27th, 2013, 2:42 am
Member
 
omoige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: La Verne, , California, USA
Posts: 64
Re: Paint colour code details

Quote:
Originally Posted by cws
from an old post of Joe's

Paint Color List
K1200LT - Colors by Year

1999 - Canyon Red, Basalt Grey Metallic, Champagne Metallic
2000 - Canyon Red, Basalt Grey Metallic, Champagne Metallic, Pacific Blue Metallic
2001 - Mauve Pearl, Night Black, Toscana Green Metallic, Pacific Blue Metallic, Champagne Metallic
2002 - Night Black, Pacific Blue Metallic, Toscana Green Metallic, Mauve Pearl, Titan Silver Metallic
2003 - Titan Silver Metallic, Anthracite Metallic, Impala Brown Metallic, Night Black
2004 - Impala Brown Metallic, Night Black, Titan Silver Metallic
2005 - Ocean Blue Metallic, Dark Graphite Metallic, Light Yellow Metallic
2006 - Ocean Blue Metallic, Magnesium Black Graphite, Storm Gray Metallic
2007 - Night Black, Biarritz Blue Metallic, Storm Gray Metallic

(BMW only officially offers 3 colors per year. But many Beemers are shipped over here painted colors from previous years. Champagne Metallic and Night Black are probably the two greatest examples of these 'anomalies'.)


K1200LT - Paint Codes
Anthracite Metallic (397)
Biarritz Blue Metallic (847)
Basalt Gray Metallic (410)
Canyon Red Metallic (343)
Champagne Metallic (417)
Dark Graphite Metallic (919)
Impala Brown Metallic (418)
Light Yellow Metallic (376)
Magnesium Black Graphite (N01)
Mauve Pearl (489)
Night Black (668)
Ocean Blue Metallic (947)
Pacific Blue Metallic (441)
Storm Gray Metallic (N02)
Titan Silver Metallic (354)
Toscana Green Metallic (492)


Trim colors / codes (i.e. dash etc.)
Magnesium Metallic (957)


As expected, I found a few conflicts regarding paint code numbers. I did the best that I could. Perhaps BMW used different paint codes for the same color from year to year.

Hope this helps...
__________________
- Joe
I love to know if these blues are the same as I am looking to replace some of my fairing with some that I was able to locate on the internet, My color is Ocean Blue. Is it the same as the Biarritz Blue? They look very identical when you are looking at the color on the internet. Please help.

Gabriel
05 K1200LT Ocean Blue:
Wilbers Front and Rear Suspensions
Dark Grey Corbin Smuggler's Trunk
Corbin (Pain in the Ass) Low Driver Seat
Corbin Back Rest (Hmmm)
BMW CB
Pioneer Music Upgrade
02 K1200LT (Sold)
02 R1200C (Phoenix)
00 R1100RT with Corbin Seats
omoige is offline  
post #10 of 23 Old Nov 27th, 2013, 3:37 am
Senior Member
 
Axle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: portland, victoria, Australia
Posts: 1,288
Garage
Re: Paint colour code details

the colour code on my 02 is under the seat, there is sticker on the tyre guard
HTH

Mmmm interesting, its Mauve but is 798

Regards Linton

2002 K1200LT
2010 Suzuki GSX 1250FA (the Wifes)
2004 Cub Kamparoo Sprint
My Toys
1976 Datsun 260Z
1989 Nissan 300zx TT
Axle is online now  
post #11 of 23 Old Nov 27th, 2013, 5:50 am
Senior Member
 
GJPinAU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mt Colah, NSW, Australia
Posts: 199
Re: Paint colour code details

I have some yellow if you need it

2005 K1200LT, Light Yellow Metallic
Ulysses member #60049
Fixed the cowbell • replaced quick disconnects• replaced stereo x 2• installed Trunk
latch kit• installed DRLs• performed minor service• replaced rear shock• Z-technic windscreen• Wilburs front shock• HID upgrade• Serviced EHCS
GJPinAU is offline  
post #12 of 23 Old Nov 27th, 2013, 7:19 am
Senior Member
 
dshealey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Dandridge (Near Knoxville), TN, USA
Posts: 12,164
Re: Paint colour code details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axle
the colour code on my 02 is under the seat, there is sticker on the tyre guard
HTH

Mmmm interesting, its Mauve but is 798
The code on the sticker under the seat on the LT is not the Paint Color Code, but a "Trim Code", which covers all trim items. The dealer can look up the trim code and get the paint code.

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
EX: '01 Black LT, BAT BYKE (Totaled at 110,000 miles)
IBA SS, BB, BBG, 10/10ths.
No bike now, but maybe in the future.
dshealey is offline  
post #13 of 23 Old Nov 27th, 2013, 7:41 am
Enjoy The Ride
 
saddleman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Huntersville, NC, USA
Posts: 3,540
Re: Paint colour code details

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshealey
The code on the sticker under the seat on the LT is not the Paint Color Code, but a "Trim Code", which covers all trim items. The dealer can look up the trim code and get the paint code.
+1

Dave Selvig
2004 Black LT
2000 Canon Red LT



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
saddleman is offline  
post #14 of 23 Old Nov 27th, 2013, 9:12 am
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Kansas City, KS, USA
Posts: 217
Re: Paint colour code details

Quote:
Originally Posted by omoige
I love to know if these blues are the same as I am looking to replace some of my fairing with some that I was able to locate on the internet, My color is Ocean Blue. Is it the same as the Biarritz Blue? They look very identical when you are looking at the color on the internet. Please help.

The blues are all different shades. Biaritz Blue (847) has a brighter hue than Ocean Blue (947) and will not match.

Andrι Strydom
BMW MOA #140995

"And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved."
Acts 4:12
andres is offline  
post #15 of 23 Old Nov 27th, 2013, 10:24 am
Senior Member
 
Atomicman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bellevue, WA, USA
Posts: 1,552
Re: Paint colour code details

Quote:
Originally Posted by andres
The blues are all different shades. Biaritz Blue (847) has a brighter hue than Ocean Blue (947) and will not match.
www.holtbmw.com

Ask them! BMW & Glasurit dealer (OEM paint)

The Older I Get, the Faster I Was!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2009 "Fully Farkled"Black Metallic Sapphire RT
Atomicman is offline  
post #16 of 23 Old Nov 27th, 2013, 12:26 pm
Senior Member
 
james216's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Garfield Hts, Ohio, USA
Posts: 867
Re: Paint colour code details

I FOUND A FEW CONFLICTS. Example My 2004 is Anthracite metallic. A 2003 color.

2004 K1200LT. Big Mama
1999 Suzuki Intruder VL1500LC. Betty Lou.
I'm a 4 percenter.
james216 is offline  
post #17 of 23 Old Nov 27th, 2013, 1:08 pm
Senior Member
 
mycamel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: roswell , ga, usa
Posts: 512
Re: Paint colour code details

Quote:
Originally Posted by james216
I FOUND A FEW CONFLICTS. Example My 2004 is Anthracite metallic. A 2003 color.
and my 2002 has champagne.

i'd wager the colors are based on European releases, not USA releases

Mike Hammel (My Camel) [WB9GMO/4]
2002 K1200LT-E
1998 ACE Burgundy (now 'retired')
1998 ACE Yellow/Black Tourer (now 'retired')
19?? Suzuki 500 (now 'retired')
1962 modifed 49cc>~55cc Sears MoPed (LONG 'retired')

US Army Security Agency 0582L68 ('64-68)
moderator and owner:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Retired from the business world (finally--sigh --poor and proud)
Georgia Patriot Guard Riders
Roswell, GA
mycamel is offline  
post #18 of 23 Old Nov 27th, 2013, 4:52 pm
Senior Member
 
Axle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: portland, victoria, Australia
Posts: 1,288
Garage
Re: Paint colour code details

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshealey
The code on the sticker under the seat on the LT is not the Paint Color Code, but a "Trim Code", which covers all trim items. The dealer can look up the trim code and get the paint code.
Where's the thanks button I had no idea, glad i didn't try to get the colour made up

Regards Linton

2002 K1200LT
2010 Suzuki GSX 1250FA (the Wifes)
2004 Cub Kamparoo Sprint
My Toys
1976 Datsun 260Z
1989 Nissan 300zx TT
Axle is online now  
post #19 of 23 Old Nov 8th, 2016, 3:54 pm
Member
 
JaL3_SD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: SoCal
Posts: 37
Angry Re: Paint colour code details

Sorry to dig an old thread up but it matches my latest predicament so well that I just had to do it.

So my bike is 2006 and I had to get my pannier covers and rear cowling painted. Off to Colorrite's site I go and select the paint for my bike, Storm Gray metallic N02. Take the paint and parts to the painter, get them back and then when I start putting it all back together I notice, to my horror, that the color is a few shades lighter than on the old parts. Call to the painter asking what the hell did he do and he's like "I used the paint you gave me straight up", at which point I'm royally confused. I then come on over here to find this thread and it's all clear now (I think at least), my 2006 has 2005 paint (Dark Graphite Metallic 919 up there, 946 on Colorrite) on it. Crap on a crud!

Has anyone dealt with Colorrite, meaning what's the likelihood they at least cover the paint cost for a re-spray?

Couple pics showing the difference:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20161108_100421.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	449.6 KB
ID:	118545   Click image for larger version

Name:	20161108_100436.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	531.5 KB
ID:	118553  

Jay - 2006 BMW K1200LT, 2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R and 2014 Suzuki Burgman 650 ABS
JaL3_SD is offline  
post #20 of 23 Old Nov 9th, 2016, 8:33 pm
Wrencher Extraordinaire
 
jzeiler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Hazel Green, AL, USA
Posts: 11,283
Re: Paint colour code details

Looks like you may have missed Magnesium Black Graphite (N01) which was an 06 color. Since you specified Storm Gray metallic N02, then it is on you. If you has specified to "match the color" then it would be on them.
Mark65 likes this.

John
2009 K1300GT
2009 R1200GS (Gone)
2005 Ocean Blue Blue Wizard
2006 Bushtec Turbo+2 Spell
2004 330 Ci Convertable
K4AN


CCR 06 Braselton CCR 07 Osage Beach CCR 08 Midway
CCR 09 Rapid City CCR 10 Killington, VT,CCR 11 Boise, CCR 12 Duluth
CCR 2013 Bend, CCR 2014 Backyard! CCR 2015 Couer d'Alene

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jzeiler is offline  
post #21 of 23 Old Nov 9th, 2016, 8:42 pm
cws
Senior Member
 
cws's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posts: 3,034
Garage
Re: Paint colour code details

Learn to love the two-tone.

I've got a pair of Blue (07) panniers I might put on my Dark Graphite Metallic '05 one day... that'll look worse than yours (actually I don't mind that look of yours)...
JaL3_SD likes this.

Chris
Sydney, NSW
2005 Dark Graphite Metallic K1200LT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Orient Blue Metallic K1200GT SE
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ulysses #45310
GS911


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

cws is offline  
post #22 of 23 Old Nov 10th, 2016, 4:34 pm
Member
 
JaL3_SD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: SoCal
Posts: 37
Re: Paint colour code details

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzeiler View Post
Looks like you may have missed Magnesium Black Graphite (N01) which was an 06 color. Since you specified Storm Gray metallic N02, then it is on you. If you has specified to "match the color" then it would be on them.
Yeah this would have been all well and dandy except Colorrite only lists Storm Gray N02 for 2006.
You are correct on the color though, I just ran my VIN on a decoder and that is exactly what came up. Sent them an email with codes etc., hoping to get at least a discount

Jay - 2006 BMW K1200LT, 2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R and 2014 Suzuki Burgman 650 ABS
JaL3_SD is offline  
post #23 of 23 Old Nov 10th, 2016, 6:54 pm
Member
 
JaL3_SD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: SoCal
Posts: 37
Re: Paint colour code details

Quote:
Originally Posted by cws View Post
Learn to love the two-tone.

I've got a pair of Blue (07) panniers I might put on my Dark Graphite Metallic '05 one day... that'll look worse than yours (actually I don't mind that look of yours)...
Thanks I also got a set of lower fairings off eBay for like $70 and since they are in pretty good nick, I slapped them on as they were. So my bike is like five shades of grey now

I'm kinda thinking of leaving it as it is if I don't get any discounts from Colorrite and/or my painter...

Jay - 2006 BMW K1200LT, 2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R and 2014 Suzuki Burgman 650 ABS
JaL3_SD is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need Help With Paint Code (N41) gerryrenstrom K1200/1300GT (The Next Generation) 6 Nov 5th, 2010 1:43 am
Beware & Paint Code dkjkwood RT Series 20 Jul 4th, 2010 1:10 am
FYI - Adventurin Silver paint code. REWDOC K1200/1300GT (The Next Generation) 3 May 14th, 2009 10:03 pm
CIP 11.0 Is Out eljeffe Bike Talk 1 Mar 4th, 2008 7:42 pm
Paint Code Help scott122262 K1200LT 3 Jul 26th, 2006 10:32 pm

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome