BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

2005 K1200lt electrical issue

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  kinch 
#1 ·
Hello gentlemen,

I'm looking for some assistance.

I'm currently trying to install some aux light using an auto-switch relay in order to be able to use the turning light cancellation button (CTB) as the on/off for the aux light.

my main issue is I cannot identify the wire needed from the CTB

I went to check this with my dealer and he told me that BMW does not have or provide the wiring for this bike anymore :( :( :(

my question is simple does anyone with the wiring diagram can indicate me the color code of the so needed wire?

a copy aof the full diagram would be even better.

thx in advance.

Stephane

#2 ·
Hi Stephane,

This link http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110064&highlight=autoswitch is for an R1150GS Autoswitch install but I believe it can work for the LT since it accesses the relay switch.

You would have to make sure that the proper post is used in the relay swicth of course but hopefully this will give you some different options to consider.

Hope this helps.

Mugz

#8 ·
Gentlemen,

Yesterday, I check out this yesterday night and after finding few test. the aux light are working the way I want. on/off using the Turn Cancel Button

your information was correct regarding the wire code/ br/wh

a BIG thx for your help. :) :) :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.