Hot weather clothing - BMW Luxury Touring Community
 9Likes
  • 1 Post By BeemerJoe
  • 1 Post By dvpadgett
  • 1 Post By Voyager
  • 1 Post By JNW003
  • 1 Post By BeemerJoe
  • 2 Post By Voyager
  • 2 Post By tvguy
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 Old Jun 10th, 2017, 3:59 pm Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 8
Hot weather clothing

It's getting hot outside. I am in the market for new (cooler) riding pants. Any suggestions?
BluBeast is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 29 Old Jun 10th, 2017, 8:46 pm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Lawrenceville, PA, USA
Posts: 5,092
Re: Hot weather clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluBeast View Post
It's getting hot outside. I am in the market for new (cooler) riding pants. Any suggestions?
Mesh in a light color such as gray.

2007 K1200LT "Starship Enterprise"
VOICE II
Navigator V
Motorrad Communicator
Voyager is online now  
post #3 of 29 Old Jun 12th, 2017, 7:23 am
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 195
Garage
Re: Hot weather clothing

I'll get a lot of flac for this, but do as the Floridians do. (yes i know, totally unsafe, so no lectures please) T-shirt, shorts and shoes lol. Of course i'm a 35 year Harley rider turned to BMW, so Habits are hard to change.
Notahog likes this.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/SIGPIC]

Joe
Palm Coast, FL.

2006 K1200LT (Love it)
2002 R1150RT (Sold)
2007 Harley FLHTCU (sold at 137k Miles)
1999 Harley Night train (blew the eng at 150k miles)
1986 harley Davidson FLTC (Sold When assigned to Europe
1982 Harley Wide Glide (sold)
1981 Kawasaki k1000LTD (sold)
1980 Triumph Bonneville (sold)
BeemerJoe is offline  
 
post #4 of 29 Old Jun 12th, 2017, 10:26 am
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Marion Junction Alabama
Posts: 48
Re: Hot weather clothing

I wear mesh riding pants and a mesh jacket. I also wear undergarments that wick the moisture off of you as well.
pkpr1998 likes this.
dvpadgett is offline  
post #5 of 29 Old Jun 12th, 2017, 3:17 pm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 141
Re: Hot weather clothing

Mesh gloves, jacket and pants and, for really hot days, I have a Bilt Cool vest that you soak in water and keeps me cool for hours. It helped me on my 48 state tour last month when I was in the south.
DeusExMaxima is offline  
post #6 of 29 Old Jun 12th, 2017, 4:17 pm
Senior Member
 
davebullock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: waukesha, WI, USA
Posts: 285
Re: Hot weather clothing

I found a great pair of old BMW Venting machine pants that have become my favorite hot weather pants. They are black, and yet lots of venting. I think they were made just before the Airflow series, but I'm happy with it. Add to that my airflow jacket. I wear wicking undergarments and it works for me. Anything over 85, it's just plain no fun in my opinion no matter what you have on.

48 states
2000 LT 165,000 miles
2007 RT P 42,000 miles SOLD
1982 vision 550 Yamaha SOLD
1964 Vespa 175 w/sidecar (homemade by neighbor) SOLD
1966 Honda CL77 (2016-17 winter project)
Four corner Iron Butt ride
48 state/12 day ride 2016
davebullock is offline  
post #7 of 29 Old Jun 12th, 2017, 4:40 pm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Lawrenceville, PA, USA
Posts: 5,092
Re: Hot weather clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeemerJoe View Post
I'll get a lot of flac for this, but do as the Floridians do. (yes i know, totally unsafe, so no lectures please) T-shirt, shorts and shoes lol. Of course i'm a 35 year Harley rider turned to BMW, so Habits are hard to change.
Everyone should do what they are comfortable with, however, shorts and t-shirts are not only a bad choice for crash protection they are a bad choice for handling hot weather. Look to the bedouins who figured this out long ago.

https://www.thelostadventure.com/bea...ng-this-summer
Whiskey likes this.

2007 K1200LT "Starship Enterprise"
VOICE II
Navigator V
Motorrad Communicator
Voyager is online now  
post #8 of 29 Old Jun 12th, 2017, 5:45 pm
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Marion Junction Alabama
Posts: 48
Re: Hot weather clothing

where do you purchase mesh gloves from. With they work with touch screen devices as well. I am heading out to San Antonio and then to California and so far it's going to be hot in the day and cool at night.
dvpadgett is offline  
post #9 of 29 Old Jun 12th, 2017, 5:55 pm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 141
Re: Hot weather clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvpadgett View Post
where do you purchase mesh gloves from. With they work with touch screen devices as well. I am heading out to San Antonio and then to California and so far it's going to be hot in the day and cool at night.
Most motorcycle stores have mesh gloves. I wanted light colored mesh gloves and found some at Cycle Gear for about $10. Fly sells inexpensive mesh gloves with a bit of finger protection.

https://www.cyclegear.com/gear/bilt-...ee-flow-gloves
DeusExMaxima is offline  
post #10 of 29 Old Jun 12th, 2017, 6:40 pm
Lifetime Supporter
 
JNW003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Northridge, California, USA
Posts: 1,243
Re: Hot weather clothing

I'm with Voyager on this one... I wear an Aerostich Roadcrafter hi-viz R3 suit all the time. In lower humidity regions and hotter weather (over 85F), I may wear a Colorado Cool Vest, but for longer distances (without pillion), use a Veskimo cooling system.

I did see a HD rider pull up to Starbucks in his faux helmet, t-shirt, shorts, and flip flops - the guy looked real cool...
tvguy likes this.

Dave Beck
'16 K1600GTLE
'07 K1200LT (sold 9/24/16)
'74 Suzuki GT750L (long, long gone)


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
JNW003 is offline  
post #11 of 29 Old Jun 12th, 2017, 6:53 pm
Senior Member
 
guitarjim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: South Central Kansas
Posts: 459
Re: Hot weather clothing

A few years ago, I went for a ride with a friend. I had on a mesh jacket and he was wearing a short sleeve polo shirt. His arms were burning from the sun and his black helmet was cooking his head. Summer is light colored (sandstone) mesh gear for me - I need light colored mesh gloves this year. Mesh allows airflow in to keep you cool and blocks the sun from burning your skin. A white or light colored helmet is a must as well. There is a youtube video showing the difference between black and white helmets in the sun and the difference is huge. The secret is a Chili Dana - a Frogg Togg bandana soaked in water and worn under the white helmet. This alone lowers my felt temperature by 15-20 degrees. If the bandana gets dry, I just soak it again and put it on.

To get my riding time in, I pretty much ride from 35F degrees on up with many days riding in 100+F degrees. When it is around 100 and you are sitting at a light or in traffic, it is hot, no matter what. Once moving, the airflow on the mesh and other things makes the riding bearable and even enjoyable.

Current Ride: '02 LT - The Mistress
guitarjim is offline  
post #12 of 29 Old Jun 12th, 2017, 7:58 pm
Senior Member
 
Whiskey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 561
Garage
Re: Hot weather clothing

Went down at about 40 mph once wearing jeans and a mesh jacket. My legs looked like they went through a cheese grater and the jeans were toast. The jacket was destroyed too, but the only damage on the upper half of my body was a small spot about the size of a dime on my left elbow where the elbow armor slid over. Thanks, but I'll keep wearing gear or take the care if it's that hot.

As for riding without gear being cooler than riding in gear, I'd say either it's all in your head, or your buying the wrong gear.

Personally, I have a Tourmaster Air Intake 3.0 jacket and pants that I wear in the summer. I've been up to 115 in them and the temp was tolerable. I won't say it was cool, I don't think that's possible without air conditioning at those temps, maybe not even with, but I wasn't dying, just hot. Yeah, it can get sweltering if I get stuck in traffic and there's no air, so I either ride where there's no traffic, or again, I take the car.

As for dark helmets, all of mine are black. Probably cooler if I could find a lighter color, but I can't seem to find a white helmet and I'm just not into the neon color thing.

2000 R1100RT
Whiskey is offline  
post #13 of 29 Old Jun 13th, 2017, 6:47 am
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Paris, , france
Posts: 57
Re: Hot weather clothing

In summer, I fit a smaller widscreen. It takes 5 mn to swap and I think it helps a lot whatever suit you wear.

In september I fit the larger one for the rest of the year.

Bruno

Bruno_C
K1200 LT 2006 85000km
Moto Guzzi Breva 750 2004
Triumph Bonneville 1972
Norton Commando 1976

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bruno_c is offline  
post #14 of 29 Old Jun 13th, 2017, 11:01 am
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 195
Garage
Re: Hot weather clothing

I must elaborate on my post about t-shirt and shorts etc. I do this only when cruising the local beaches or just riding around town. For longer trips (as last August to Ma) i will wear a good pair of Jeans, long sleeves gloves and premium Helmet. I'm not that stupid lol. I'm firm believer in proper safety equipment on a motorcycle, but for putting around, i just never bother. Taking a chance, but hell, i made it this far (67) after over 45 years of riding with the same philosophy. Even gone down a couple times. Bad scratches and bruises, but got right back up and kept going.
Mr BMVOO likes this.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/SIGPIC]

Joe
Palm Coast, FL.

2006 K1200LT (Love it)
2002 R1150RT (Sold)
2007 Harley FLHTCU (sold at 137k Miles)
1999 Harley Night train (blew the eng at 150k miles)
1986 harley Davidson FLTC (Sold When assigned to Europe
1982 Harley Wide Glide (sold)
1981 Kawasaki k1000LTD (sold)
1980 Triumph Bonneville (sold)
BeemerJoe is offline  
post #15 of 29 Old Jun 13th, 2017, 12:49 pm
Senior Member
 
guitarjim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: South Central Kansas
Posts: 459
Re: Hot weather clothing

I invite you to give the Frogg Togg Chilly Dana a try and let us know how it helps you. I believe it is the best $10 item available to keep cooler. Last year, I was on the road going south to Dallas. Day started out nice but got hotter as kept going. Finally, I was really feeling the heat and pulled off the freeway to put on the cooling bandana and was feeling great again within minutes. When stopping for gas, just add water and squeeze out the excess water and put the bandana back on. The cooling beads and entire system works really well. It is significantly thicker than a normal bandana though.



As a side note, I was in a Sam's Club parking lot in Oklahoma. I say hello to a person, as is common there, and she says hello. Then, she tells me I look like an astronaut! LOL I had never thought about it. In the white helmet and light colored jacket/pants with airflow black boots, I guess I do look somewhat like an astronaut. But, I keep way cooler in the summer months.

Current Ride: '02 LT - The Mistress
guitarjim is offline  
post #16 of 29 Old Jun 13th, 2017, 2:25 pm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 141
Re: Hot weather clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarjim View Post
As a side note, I was in a Sam's Club parking lot in Oklahoma. I say hello to a person, as is common there, and she says hello. Then, she tells me I look like an astronaut! LOL I had never thought about it. In the white helmet and light colored jacket/pants with airflow black boots, I guess I do look somewhat like an astronaut. But, I keep way cooler in the summer months.
On my 48 state tour, I wore a silver mesh Joe Rocket jacket, silver Shark Evo 3 helmet, and grey armored Icon riding jeans with grey high top shoes. Talk about looking like an astronaut!!
DeusExMaxima is offline  
post #17 of 29 Old Jun 13th, 2017, 2:36 pm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Lawrenceville, PA, USA
Posts: 5,092
Re: Hot weather clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeusExMaxima View Post
On my 48 state tour, I wore a silver mesh Joe Rocket jacket, silver Shark Evo 3 helmet, and grey armored Icon riding jeans with grey high top shoes. Talk about looking like an astronaut!!
That's what happens when you have, or are at least wearing, the right stuff!
Mark65 and Mark65 like this.

2007 K1200LT "Starship Enterprise"
VOICE II
Navigator V
Motorrad Communicator
Voyager is online now  
post #18 of 29 Old Jun 13th, 2017, 2:39 pm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Lawrenceville, PA, USA
Posts: 5,092
Re: Hot weather clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarjim View Post
I invite you to give the Frogg Togg Chilly Dana a try and let us know how it helps you. I believe it is the best $10 item available to keep cooler. Last year, I was on the road going south to Dallas. Day started out nice but got hotter as kept going. Finally, I was really feeling the heat and pulled off the freeway to put on the cooling bandana and was feeling great again within minutes. When stopping for gas, just add water and squeeze out the excess water and put the bandana back on. The cooling beads and entire system works really well. It is significantly thicker than a normal bandana though.



As a side note, I was in a Sam's Club parking lot in Oklahoma. I say hello to a person, as is common there, and she says hello. Then, she tells me I look like an astronaut! LOL I had never thought about it. In the white helmet and light colored jacket/pants with airflow black boots, I guess I do look somewhat like an astronaut. But, I keep way cooler in the summer months.
That is better than what most of the public thinks about riders who go by wearing no helmet, a t-shirt, shorts, bare hands and sneakers.

2007 K1200LT "Starship Enterprise"
VOICE II
Navigator V
Motorrad Communicator
Voyager is online now  
post #19 of 29 Old Jun 13th, 2017, 8:53 pm
Cat Herder
 
tvguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Las Vegas, NV, USA
Posts: 1,244
Garage
Re: Hot weather clothing

Riding out here in the desert, you have to remember to hydrate hydrate hydrate... If I am on a trip in or out of Las Vegas, I usually wear gym shorts and a long sleeve shirt under my Aerostitch suit. I will wet the shirt or put on my cooling vest and sweat. It may be uncomfortable while I am stopped but it will freeze me out while moving. I drink from my camel back water bladder as I ride to stay hydrated and sweat if possible.

Sweating is very important to stay cool. Keeping all of your skin covered from the sun and hot air is very important.

NOTE: A few years back I needed to get home and it was 115 in the Virgin River Gorge on I-15 in Utah.
I stopped in Mesquite at the border in Nevada and there were two Harley guys in shorts and t-sleeves that were heading to LV as well. I was bundled up in my Aerostitch and we took off. Running around 90MHP I could see that the skin on one of the other riders was turning bright red and was probably getting second degree burns from the hot air.

The heat that was radiating from my face shield was so hot I could feel it burning my face. I could not imaging how incredibly hot it would be to bare skin...
JNW003 and Mark65 like this.

Tvguy
'16 R1200RT - "Golden Eye"
'11 R1200RT - "Night Fury" SOLD
'02 K1200LTE - "The Silver Bullet" SOLD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.





To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
tvguy is offline  
post #20 of 29 Old Jun 13th, 2017, 9:40 pm
Senior Member
 
guitarjim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: South Central Kansas
Posts: 459
Wink Re: Hot weather clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvguy View Post
Riding out here in the desert, you have to remember to hydrate hydrate hydrate... If I am on a trip in or out of Las Vegas, I usually wear gym shorts and a long sleeve shirt under my Aerostitch suit. I will wet the shirt or put on my cooling vest and sweat. It may be uncomfortable while I am stopped but it will freeze me out while moving. I drink from my camel back water bladder as I ride to stay hydrated and sweat if possible.

Sweating is very important to stay cool. Keeping all of your skin covered from the sun and hot air is very important.

NOTE: A few years back I needed to get home and it was 115 in the Virgin River Gorge on I-15 in Utah.
I stopped in Mesquite at the border in Nevada and there were two Harley guys in shorts and t-sleeves that were heading to LV as well. I was bundled up in my Aerostitch and we took off. Running around 90MHP I could see that the skin on one of the other riders was turning bright red and was probably getting second degree burns from the hot air.

The heat that was radiating from my face shield was so hot I could feel it burning my face. I could not imaging how incredibly hot it would be to bare skin...
Yeah, but, it is a dry heat, right? : )

Current Ride: '02 LT - The Mistress
guitarjim is offline  
post #21 of 29 Old Jun 13th, 2017, 10:48 pm
Senior Member
 
Mark65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Glendale, AZ, USA
Posts: 119
Re: Hot weather clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarjim View Post
Yeah, but, it is a dry heat, right? : )

If I couldn't ride when it's hot I couldn't ride...


I have a mesh jacket, and pants with fold down panels on the front, but I have yet to actually open those panels, so no opinion on them just yet...last time I got really hot I soaked my whole jacket, and rode for an hour in blissful cool.


Mark

Mark(Big Poppa) and Julie(Fireball)
'06 K1200LT Magnesium Black "Stella"
Glendale, AZ
BMWMOA#206887
Mark65 is offline  
post #22 of 29 Old Jun 14th, 2017, 5:20 am
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 47
Re: Hot weather clothing

You are going to call me krazy, but that's ok

I wear carhartt fleece lined Jeans.

My other K bike (85 k100rs) will cook your legs, these keep my legs cool believe it or not
red85k100rs is offline  
post #23 of 29 Old Jun 14th, 2017, 8:37 am
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Lawrenceville, PA, USA
Posts: 5,092
Re: Hot weather clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by red85k100rs View Post
You are going to call me krazy, but that's ok

I wear carhartt fleece lined Jeans.

My other K bike (85 k100rs) will cook your legs, these keep my legs cool believe it or not
Just save some money for skin grafts should you crash.

2007 K1200LT "Starship Enterprise"
VOICE II
Navigator V
Motorrad Communicator
Voyager is online now  
post #24 of 29 Old Jun 14th, 2017, 8:43 pm
Senior Member
 
guitarjim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: South Central Kansas
Posts: 459
Re: Hot weather clothing

I have been known to go with the boots and jacket and blue jeans. (Now, I go with jeans w/ kevlar) When it is hot, the blue jeans attract a lot of heat. I am actually cooler wearing the light colored mesh pants over the jeans than just the jeans. There is something to reflecting the sunlight and getting cool air through the mesh to stay cooler than just wearing jeans. Keeping the sun off of skin is important when riding for more than an hour, just like going to the beach - direct exposure to the hot summer sun can seriously burn you in just a couple of hours. Take a vacation to Hawaii and see all of the White people impersonating lobsters on their first or second day of vacation.

Current Ride: '02 LT - The Mistress
guitarjim is offline  
post #25 of 29 Old Jun 15th, 2017, 6:19 pm
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 47
Re: Hot weather clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
Just save some money for skin grafts should you crash.
Whatever

Last edited by red85k100rs; Jun 16th, 2017 at 4:13 pm. Reason: spelling
red85k100rs is offline  
post #26 of 29 Old Jun 15th, 2017, 6:36 pm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Lawrenceville, PA, USA
Posts: 5,092
Re: Hot weather clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by red85k100rs View Post
What?
If you crash in Carhartt jeans at more than 20 mph, you will likely need skin grafts. Just suggesting you sock away $50,000 or so to pay for them.

2007 K1200LT "Starship Enterprise"
VOICE II
Navigator V
Motorrad Communicator
Voyager is online now  
post #27 of 29 Old Jun 19th, 2017, 1:37 pm
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Fuquay Varina, NC, USA
Posts: 3
Re: Hot weather clothing

I have been wearing the FirstGear Mesh Tex jacket and their HT Overpant mesh riding pants for years. Jacket is red/black (which I don't think they make any more) and pants are black. Nice thing about the FirstGear stuff is there are two layers of mesh, an outer "ballistic" mesh material and the inner mesh material is a softer material with a smaller weave pattern. These are not necessarily the highest crash protection available, but they are good enough to help keep your skin intact. No level of gear is going to keep bones from breaking, but if you can keep the skin around them you'll be ahead of the game should the worst happen!

I chose my gear based on my riding needs and value for the price - I needed something in which I could commute 60 miles a day, could wear over work clothes (business casual environment) and take on/off easily, offered reasonable "skin retaining" protection, and didn't completely break the bank. The Aerostitch suits fit all of the above except for the price point... would love to have one of those kits, but that'll have to wait for retirement! The FirstGear stuff is available at most of the powersports places, so it's easy to find replacements if you're on the road somewhere and need something.

My best testimony for my gear... it's like wearing air conditioning! I have ridden to my kids' soccer games on some crazy hot NC summer days... this one particular day was 101 degrees with very little breeze. After my 45 minute ride to the game I got off the bike and took my gear off to go sit on the sidelines. The sun was just brutally hot. After sitting there for about 5 minutes, I realized how cool I was on the bike in my gear. So I went back to my bike and put my gear back on... I might have looked a little... odd... sitting on the bleachers with my full riding gear on... and I got some strange looks. But, I was no longer sitting in the beating sun. I essentially had my own personal shade! What little breeze wafted by every now and then felt like my own personal AC blowing through my mesh gear! Even let one guy try it on to see the difference... he didn't want to give it back!

One other hidden benefit of the mesh gear that a lot of folks may not realize is how well this stuff works for winter riding. It sounds like crazy talk, I know... but... in the winter I put my rain gear over top of my mesh gear. The two mesh layers with all the armor in it provides a nice thick layer of insulation between you and your rain gear shell. Your body warms this layer and keeps you nice and warm. If it gets really cold, I'll wear a heated vest under it. But, most of the time I don't need that much and will usually end up opening my rain gear to keep from sweating. Sweating in the cold is BAD.

I won't knock the good folks that ride in tank top and flip flops because everyone enjoys the ride in their own way. But, I would theorize that many of these riders simply don't know how much the mesh gear can enhance their riding experience.

Just put on some moisture wicking undergarments (Under Armor, Starter, etc), some soccer shorts and a moisture wicking tshirt. Then you have the best of both worlds... riding in shorts and a tshirt WHILE having skin protection from the sun and roadrash!

-Chris
videot96 is offline  
post #28 of 29 Old Jun 19th, 2017, 2:17 pm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 141
Re: Hot weather clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by videot96 View Post
One other hidden benefit of the mesh gear that a lot of folks may not realize is how well this stuff works for winter riding. It sounds like crazy talk, I know... but... in the winter I put my rain gear over top of my mesh gear. The two mesh layers with all the armor in it provides a nice thick layer of insulation between you and your rain gear shell. Your body warms this layer and keeps you nice and warm. If it gets really cold, I'll wear a heated vest under it. But, most of the time I don't need that much and will usually end up opening my rain gear to keep from sweating. Sweating in the cold is BAD.
I agree that mesh jacket under rain gear is great for winter riding. On my 48 state tour I did this year, I wore my Joe Rocket silver mesh jacket with under armor shirt underneath in hot weather. The silver reflects the sun beautifully and keeps me cooler than a black jacket. For cold weather or rainy weather, I wore my Bass Pro Goretex rain bib and jacket. I stayed bone dry. For very cold weather, the Gerbings heated jacket liner comes on. I bet I could ride in very sub-freezing weather if I had to.
DeusExMaxima is offline  
post #29 of 29 Old Jun 23rd, 2017, 12:30 am
Senior Member
 
westvandude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: West Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 100
Re: Hot weather clothing

In 2013 we did a trip from BC Canada down to San Fransisco, Vegas, Death Valley, Grand Canyon, Moab.....47degC was hottest. Holy cow. Wore jeans and icebreaker brand thin wool long sleeve light color shirt. An old guy I know wore old wool sweater doused with water every 30mins. WE had 2L platipuss drink bag thingy filled w/ice under towels on back seat. Two redbulls, fill rest mountain dew. Suck every 15min to survive.
westvandude is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Clothing, fashion and security. pagl57 Rider's Gear & Luggage 5 Jan 23rd, 2012 2:26 pm
Cold weather or Warm weather? johnsce RT Series 22 Sep 12th, 2011 5:10 pm
Zumo 550 and XM Weather jackd GPS 2 Feb 24th, 2010 7:58 pm
Cold weather simoncharles Humor 0 Jan 23rd, 2010 2:03 am
Best way to stay on top of changing weather Bobnoxous GPS 2 Jan 28th, 2008 9:11 am

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome