Hi all....I've just finished several projects to include braided brake lines and the super-stiff throttle cable replacement. Put it all back together and the cruise control no longer works. Ran the diagnostic and the system tells me that the throttle micro switch isn't working. Got the cables to the point that the throttle micro switch is functioning....clutch switch functioning...front brake switch functioning....rear brake switch check fails. Hmmmm....the switch seems to be functioning fine other than that. Rear brake lights function normally and there is an audible "click" when the brake lever is applied and released. I didn't mess with the switch during line replacement. What am I missing? The cruise worked great prior to my "repairs." Any help is GREATLY appreciated....I've spent far more time working on the bike than riding it and I'm starting to get a little frustrated. I want to put it together and ride!!!! Help. 2000 LT with non-integrated ABS.
Is this the procedure you did for diagnostics and did you do it exactly as in the exact order including holding the rear brake for 5 seconds till the light goes out and then releasing and seeing it come back on? Just did this on my 01 and if you mess up a step, you have to start over.
It is possible you have a bind in the cruise cable for routing. I hear things going on under the Tupperwear as I run through so it may be actuating the cruise module and sensing a bind during the rear brake test.
This procedure must be done exactly as follows while you monitor the "SET" light on the instrument cluster:
1) With the ignition switch OFF, switch on the cruise control. Press and hold the cruise control switch to the SET position and switch on the ignition switch (LIGHT)
2) Release the SET button (LIGHT GOES OFF), move the switch to the RESET position (LIGHT)
3) Release the button (LIGHT OFF) switch OFF the cruise control switch (LIGHT)
4) Switch the cruise control switch back on (LIGHT OFF)
5) Rotate the throttle against the throttle stop (LIGHT), release the throttle (LIGHT OFF).
6) Pull the clutch lever (LIGHT), release the clutch lever (LIGHT OFF)
7) Pull the front brake lever, (LIGHT) release the lever (LIGHT OFF)
8) Push the foot brake pedal (LIGHT ON), hold for 5 seconds (LIGHT OFF), release foot brake pedal (LIGHT ON)
9) Rotate the rear wheel (LIGHT SHOULD GO OFF/ON) 10) Switch off the ignition.