BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Givi E52 Top Case parts for '07 K1200GT

6K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  wcarter 
#1 ·
I tried to order a Givi E52 Top Case for my 07 K1200GT from the dealer I purchased the bike from but they could not find the correct parts and Givi said there is not a mounting kit for the new GT yet. After lots of research and finding the correct mounting kit in this forum, I thought i would post the parts I ordered. I have a Deep Blue Metallic bike and the Givi B508 - Burgman blue is the same exact color.

I ordered the top case with stoplight kit, backrest, mounting plate and top rack for my camping gear. I also ordered the foam liner to protect my stuff.

Here are the parts. Ordered from RL Motorcycles.

Orders Parts for 2007 K1200GT
----------------------------------------------------------------
Item: E95S backrest pad
Item Number: RLGV-E95S
Qty: 1
Price: $63.27
Item: E97 stop light kit-E52
Item Number: RLGV-E97
Price: $48.60
Item: E52 Maxia Painted - (B508-Burgman blue)
Item Number: RLGV-52P(B508-Burgman blue)
Price: $319.05
Item: E96-E52 top case metal rack
Item Number: RLGV-E96
Price: $63.27
Item: Givi E193 top case mount-BMW R1200RT
Item Number: RLGV-E193
Price: $83.43
Item: E98 soft inner liner-E52
Item Number: RLGV-E98
Price: $54.45

Subtotal: $632.07
Tax: $0.00
Shipping: $9.95 (Ground)
Total: $642.02

It's expensive but less than the BMW case, a little larger and has the stop lights. If it did not have the lights in it I would have purchased the BMW case. I find that I do not have enough room to carry all my stuff to work each day and have room for my helmet and gym clothes. I need a top case and want a back rest for my passenger. Hate to lose her next time I accelerate.

Ken

See less See more
#2 ·
StopLight Connectivity

How did you wire your stoplight assy. ? I connected mine directly to the hot side of one taillight bulb, thus had running and brake lights due to the nature of the single wire system on the GT's..

A GIVI USA Rep, told me the connectors/assys were not designed to have power 100% of the time and would eventually fail if I continued use in this manner,... because the plastic housing used around the connectors would not holdup to the continued heat load generated by 100% on-time.

I have disconnected my light until I know for sure what will happen, or come up with another solution.

Any thoughts from others on this.. ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.