BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Ex LT owner (UK)remembers

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  ronslaverda 
#1 ·
Hi All,
I sold my LT in October 2012 as I was finding it a bit to heavy and pretty expensive to keep running.
My wife and I will never forget the wonderful Treffens we attended at Saltburn on sea which we enjoyed enormously, meeting some lovely people that became good friends.
I moved on to a Honda Silver Wing Maxi Scooter which I enjoyed riding very much but I found that when I took a pillion passenger that I felt a bit nervous re balancing at zero or very low speed.
I think it is due to my age because with age ability to balance diminishes.
I have now moved on to a Peugeot Metropolis 3 wheeled scooter.
The reason I am posting this is I occasionally look at the European section of the Forum and I have noticed that none of the people I got to know in the UK seems to post now, I think it is probably due to the demise of the Treffens held at Saltburn.
Pat and I would like to thank Phil & Sarah who organised the Treffens in Saltburn for giving us the opportunity of attending these events, also I wish any of the attendees who may read this all the best, finally I would like to thank the Administrators of this Forum for providing BMW owners such a wonderful tool.

See less See more
#3 ·
Hi,
Glad to hear that you are both still riding the LT.
Pat and I did see Phils trike when we came to the last treffen at Saltburn and in fact went for a ride on it..
My latest toy is so much less demanding than the LT which I must admit was an impulse buy and was always really to big for me.
Riding the LT on an open road I enjoyed, getting into a traffic jam I found a nightmare.
I will continue to occasionally sign in to the Forum as I am still interested.
My memories of the Saltburn meetings is something I will always reflect on with great pleasure, the weather not so much, but that didn't matter to much.
Regards Ron

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.