BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Fitting spotlights to an LT?

4K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Twistgrip 
#1 ·
Just wondered if it was possible to fit some spotlights onto my 2004 facelift LT. I have had a look around the frontal area of my bike and can't see where you would attach them. I don't have any crashbars either.

If you have fitted some to your bike, where did you fit them and what type of brackets did you use?

Cheers,

Phil

#5 ·
Your '04 "face lifted" LT looks like a '05 and later US version (like my '07). In relation to auxiliary lights, I mounted PIAAs in front of the radiators. Others have mounted a variety of lights under the rearview mirrors, either side of the front forks, or near the tip-over bars. The type of light chosen will often pretty much dictate where you can mount them.

In relation to switching, I used an AS-7 Autoswitch, which allows you to use the turn signal cancel switch to control the PIAAs, by holding the cancel switch a couple of seconds. It's a clean installation and works well, instead of trying to mount the aftermarket switch in some conspicuous space that may look tacky. The PIAAs and AS-7 installation includes a handlebar mounted LED to indicate if the lights are off or on. Hope this helps! :bmw:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.