BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

No sound from speakers 2004 LT

4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Squadron leader 
#1 ·
New problem. Turn on the radio and I can see the display is showing the various radio stations or cd but no sound coming from speakers. Sometimes I get sounds for a split second and then silence. Anyone hear ever have a similar problem. And yes I have checked the fader and mute settings.

#2 ·
In reviewing some of the similar posts/threads, Mark - your radio glitch may be fixable by the 'disconnect the battery and reconnect it' solution. Try that - give the disconnection 15 to 20 minutes and see if the radio unit will reboot successfully after battery reconnect. After you do this, then be sure and do the TPS reset procedure. Good luck.

#5 ·
A few have solved "speaker" problems by disconnecting connectors, spraying them with an electronic contact cleaner, and then reconnecting. I use "De-Oxit", have no idea if it is better than any others on the market, except I met a fellow who used to work on missile guidance systems and used it during assembly.

After reading about electrical grease in this forum I started using it--can't say it helped or preventing anything...but, I hope it reduces the rate of oxidation on the low current connectors.

Bob

#6 ·
Fixed. Amplifier was blown. Sent it to the guy in the UK listed in eBay below. £119 including return postage. I also paid an extra £30 to get Bluetooth installed in the radio. I can now play music via Bluetooth from my phone. Great job and very quick turnaround.

Enter this into the search window of eBay.co.uk.

MOTORCYCLE BMW PROFESSIONAL 2000 Audiosystem ECE K1200LT BACKER CD Repair & AUX
professional improved repair job life time guarantee

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.