Mick-O-Pegs and JPeg removal - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 9:46 pm

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mick-O-Pegs and JPeg removal

I just picked up a 2005 K1200LT and it already had the JPegs installed. I do not like them at all. I am thinking of picking up a set of "O" model Mick-O-Pegs.

I have no idea what came with the jpegs. Do all I need to do is remove the two bolts and take off the peg and bolt the Mick-O-Pegs to the bar? Or is that bar a replacement bar that came with the Jpegs?

I do not have any "original" parts that came with the bike if I do need get it back to factory before installing the new pegs. Anyone have a copy of the instructions for the jpeg installation they can take a picture of and email to me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 10:36 pm
Premium Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitsman
I just picked up a 2005 K1200LT and it already had the JPegs installed. I do not like them at all. I am thinking of picking up a set of "O" model Mick-O-Pegs.

I have no idea what came with the jpegs. Do all I need to do is remove the two bolts and take off the peg and bolt the Mick-O-Pegs to the bar? Or is that bar a replacement bar that came with the Jpegs?

I do not have any "original" parts that came with the bike if I do need get it back to factory before installing the new pegs. Anyone have a copy of the instructions for the jpeg installation they can take a picture of and email to me?
Hey fitsman, Welcome! I don't know about the Mick-O-Pegs and if you need the original bars. Attached in pdf. are the installation instructions for the Jpegs. Check out http://www.ccmotorcycles.com/ for the XL upgrade if you need a longer reach.They are $124 and you'll be done in a few minutes.The XL is the one on top vs the standard J model below. I will look around the garage tomorrow and see if I have the original crash bars.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf WEB-j-peg_Booklet.pdf (93.8 KB, 42 views)
Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 10:50 pm
Premium Vendor

DaveDragon has some great photos and comments on installing Mick-O-Pegs with the J pegs. Check the thread for more info.
http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthre...ht=Mick-O-Pegs
Old Jun 3rd, 2006, 12:22 pm

Not to sound like a vulture, but if you pull those j-pegs off and want to get rid of them, drop me a line. Actually, all I really need are the crash bars they mount to, but I doubt you'd want to keep just the pegs.
'06 K1200GT - "Road Rocket"
Marshall, Tx

http://www.dwsdad.com
Old Jun 3rd, 2006, 3:50 pm

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitsman

You can leave the "J" pegs inplace and simply add the MICK-O-PEGS. In fact the MICK-O-PEGS come in two different styles for the LT. One that's compatible with "J" pegs and one that mounts without the "J" pegs. The one's that mount to existing "J" pegs are slightly less expensive than the other version.
'05 GRAPHITE METALLIC retired at 87,000 MI
'01 R1150 GS- totaled
'02 R1150 GS sold
'85 K100/EML sidecar sold
'11 R1200RT currently being enjoyed
Old Jun 3rd, 2006, 8:20 pm

I would sell the JPegs and purchase the MOPs. No need to carry the xtra weight.

2003 LT-E "HLZ BNZ"
2004 Rune "PNS EXTN"
1970 ZA-50 "JR"
Old Jun 3rd, 2006, 9:05 pm

J pegs&Mick o Pegs

I just this week installed the N model Micks on my 05 LT.Like you mine came with the J pegs already installed.Very easy instalation.took all of 20 min.,both sides,love the Micks,leaving the J pegs there just for additional fott pos. for long trips.
Old Jun 3rd, 2006, 9:52 pm

BugKiller, thanks for the PDF. Seeing as the original owner of the Bike did not give me the orignal crash guards, I think I might have to go with the "N" model. I guess I could sell the jpegs to pay for the new crash bars, but I just might as well keep them. The only issue I have is one of the bolts is stripped on the jpeg. I need to get it out first with an easy out. That will ruin the bolt, but if I am replacing it with the mop bolt, then I guess its ok.

Thanks for the help.
Old Jun 4th, 2006, 8:04 am

welcome...i see you found us ok lol if you really need a set of stock crash bars i have them