BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Mick-O-Pegs and JPeg removal

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  lenny 
#1 ·
I just picked up a 2005 K1200LT and it already had the JPegs installed. I do not like them at all. I am thinking of picking up a set of "O" model Mick-O-Pegs.

I have no idea what came with the jpegs. Do all I need to do is remove the two bolts and take off the peg and bolt the Mick-O-Pegs to the bar? Or is that bar a replacement bar that came with the Jpegs?

I do not have any "original" parts that came with the bike if I do need get it back to factory before installing the new pegs. Anyone have a copy of the instructions for the jpeg installation they can take a picture of and email to me?

#2 ·
fitsman said:
I just picked up a 2005 K1200LT and it already had the JPegs installed. I do not like them at all. I am thinking of picking up a set of "O" model Mick-O-Pegs.

I have no idea what came with the jpegs. Do all I need to do is remove the two bolts and take off the peg and bolt the Mick-O-Pegs to the bar? Or is that bar a replacement bar that came with the Jpegs?

I do not have any "original" parts that came with the bike if I do need get it back to factory before installing the new pegs. Anyone have a copy of the instructions for the jpeg installation they can take a picture of and email to me?
Hey fitsman, Welcome! I don't know about the Mick-O-Pegs and if you need the original bars. Attached in pdf. are the installation instructions for the Jpegs. Check out http://www.ccmotorcycles.com/ for the XL upgrade if you need a longer reach.They are $124 and you'll be done in a few minutes.The XL is the one on top vs the standard J model below. I will look around the garage tomorrow and see if I have the original crash bars.

Attachments

#4 ·
Not to sound like a vulture, but if you pull those j-pegs off and want to get rid of them, drop me a line. Actually, all I really need are the crash bars they mount to, but I doubt you'd want to keep just the pegs.

#5 ·
fitsman said:

You can leave the "J" pegs inplace and simply add the MICK-O-PEGS. In fact the MICK-O-PEGS come in two different styles for the LT. One that's compatible with "J" pegs and one that mounts without the "J" pegs. The one's that mount to existing "J" pegs are slightly less expensive than the other version.

#7 ·
J pegs&Mick o Pegs

I just this week installed the N model Micks on my 05 LT.Like you mine came with the J pegs already installed.Very easy instalation.took all of 20 min.,both sides,love the Micks,leaving the J pegs there just for additional fott pos. for long trips.

#8 ·
BugKiller, thanks for the PDF. Seeing as the original owner of the Bike did not give me the orignal crash guards, I think I might have to go with the "N" model. I guess I could sell the jpegs to pay for the new crash bars, but I just might as well keep them. The only issue I have is one of the bolts is stripped on the jpeg. I need to get it out first with an easy out. That will ruin the bolt, but if I am replacing it with the mop bolt, then I guess its ok.

Thanks for the help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.