Falcone's Powersports - Indiapolis,In - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old Apr 5th, 2013, 8:08 pm Thread Starter

Falcone's Powersports - Indiapolis,In

I traded my 2000 Harley Roadking in for a 2003 BMW K1200LT. Even up. I had 55,000 miles on the Harley and the BMW had 44,200. I had never seen a K1200LT in person. So I had no idea what to look for. Mechanically this bike is fine. I'm about to find out the shape of the internals when I do my 24,000 mile service tomorrow.

The salesman's name was Tom Lowdermilk.

When I looked the bike over, I noticed the belly fairing had some rash obit, so I asked about it, and he said, yeah that is a heavy bike, the previous owner dropped it in his garage. They apparently knew him. I am sure they knew him, but I'm also sure that this bike was wrecked. Today I found that the arm for the windshield is broke and crooked. Just a bunch of minor cosmetics that I didn't see initially. I was happy with the transaction other than the horrible disclosure. Ill be taking my business to Grand Rapids for future purchases. I'm hooked on BMW engineering now, just over deceitful sales tactics in Indy. So when I go to buy my GS in about 4-5 years, Grand Rapids will get the sale.

P.S. forgive any typos, I did this on my wife's iPad.

Ean

2003 BMW K1200LT

Last edited by biker46514; Apr 5th, 2013 at 8:12 pm. Reason: Added dealer location
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Apr 6th, 2013, 7:46 am

Re: Falcone's Powersports - Indiapolis,In

Don't be too quick to conclude how the damage happened. I dropped my LT against a commercial-grade pallet rack (shelving unit) and in addition to several body parts getting scratched and dinged, it broke the windscreen and with it, one of the motor arm things that move the windscreen.

I'm sure once you get it sorted out you'll enjoy your new LT.

Howard Schisler
2009 BMW K1200LT - 51k miles and counting
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles. Still running strong at 150k miles.
2005 Honda Shadow 650 - starter bike
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 Old Apr 7th, 2013, 8:23 am Thread Starter

Oh I still love it. I won't let something so small keep me from enjoying it. I just did the 12,000 mile service at my local BMW tech day yesterday. I now feel bonded to my fat girl

Ean

2003 BMW K1200LT

post #4 of 6 Old Oct 2nd, 2013, 2:41 pm

I have put up with a crooked windshield on my K1200LT for several years and last weekend it finally got to me. Have you figured out how to fix yours?
post #5 of 6 Old Dec 22nd, 2013, 9:40 pm

I used to stop in there while visiting a friend in Indi. and always had a positive experience. No dealer in Cinti. Oh. so I'd pick up a few parts and look and dream of a new bike. Tell them your story and they may help you out, after all you helped them out. Good luck.

2000 Lt
800 Kawasaki
25 yrs. without
750 Suzuki
550 Suzuki
160 Honda

The ride is fresh under diamond skies, makes me glad to be alive.
post #6 of 6 Old Aug 14th, 2014, 11:18 pm

Thumbs up Re: Falcone's Powersports - Indiapolis,In

I've read that Falcone's put Stebel horns on all of their K1600s. I was in the area last week for the Moto GP race and made an appointment a couple of weeks area to get the Stebel horn installed, since they had the special bracket and have experience in doing this. No problems at all with their service department. During that week, they were busier than normal and servicing other brand bikes as they came in. They tried to accommodate everyone. I left with great experience.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.