441 Cycle Shop - Plantation, FL - Negative - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old Dec 8th, 2005, 2:15 pm Thread Starter

441 Cycle Shop - Plantation, FL - Negative

I had them replace my front and rear tires on my R bike yesterday. I pick up the bike and the front tire is at 55 pounds and the rear at 25 pounds. Also, the dolt got the rubber lube all over the rear disc greatly compromising braking action.

I pointed this out to them and they gave me the "who me?" look.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old Dec 8th, 2005, 10:12 pm

Angry NORMAL aCTION

This is about the way they operate. And they will tell you if you don't like it, don't come back.
SLIMSWITCH 903
post #3 of 8 Old Jan 1st, 2006, 6:33 pm

BMW of Ft. Myers

I've been using BMW of Ft. Myers; it seems to be a good shop. It's a pleasant ride over there if you take the back roads (SR80 or Immokalee Rd.) and there is a great Mexican restaurant (IguanaMia) just up the road from the dealer near the Edison Mall while you wait. I'm in Homestead, but I take the LT over there for any service.

post #4 of 8 Old Feb 12th, 2009, 8:00 pm

More Choices...

Now that there is a BMW Motorcycle dealer in Miami, I use them for all of my BMW needs. These guys are great...great sales, great service, and great Sunday rides! Ask for Armando in sales, and Alex and George are tops in service!

Rick

2014 K1600GTL Exclusive
2013 R1200GS LC
2011 Husqvarna TE630

"Never ask a man what computer he uses; if it's a Mac, he'll tell you. If not, why embarrass him?" -- Tom Clancy
post #5 of 8 Old Feb 13th, 2009, 2:08 pm

Thumbs down Re: 441 Cycle Shop - Plantation, FL - Negative

Anybody have any more recent experience with 441 Cycles ? I just picked up a used 2000 K1200LT and since I am in WPB, they are the closest deaer...
post #6 of 8 Old May 23rd, 2011, 8:23 pm

Re: 441 Cycle Shop - Plantation, FL - Negative

I just had my 2000 LT serviced at 441 and they botched it up pretty good. I took it for the 36K mile service and a binding right front caliper. Service Manager recommend replacing all the brake lines with Spieglers to fix the brake problem and I agreed.

$1,300 and 11 days later, and that is with an appointment, the bike has several hundred dollars worth of damage and the brakes are no better.

Extremely sloppy work, very expensive and really don't seem to give a rodent's behind about it.

I'm sure there must be a decent dealer out there somewhere, but 441 Cycle surely doesn't qualify!

Gregg Oldberg
'81 R100RT
'00 K1200LT
post #7 of 8 Old Nov 7th, 2013, 7:03 am

I used them once and never again. I have a 2012 RT. Took it in for the 600 mile service. They sent me a coupon for $30 off a service. After all is said and done my bill came to $251.99 coupon included. Here is what I did not like about their service. They charged me for 2 hours of labor. Another guy here on this forum had the same service done on his 2012RT just before I did. They charged him 1.5 hours of labor. I saw his invoice. He had no coupon.
So I actually paid more in the long run with a coupon that they sent me. It was an invitation to get ripped off. Next thing was when I took the bike home I decided to give it a go over. The bike had oil dripping all over the bottom of the engine. First I thought I had a leak then after I cleaned it all up it ended up being from a messy job from a factory trained technician. About 3,000 miles later I decided to change the Final Drive oil again. I performed this task myself. When I removed the fill port gear oil started oozing out the fill port. This only meant that the Factory trained BMW technician filled my Final Drive to the top of the fill port. The correct amount is 180ml. It use to be 220ml until BMW realized it was creating a problem of Final Drive failures. Well I decided to see how much oil was actually in the Final Drive. I drained the oil in a measuring cup and 260 ml drained out. Well above the old limit and well above the new limit. I immediately contacted BMW consumer complaint and reported this screwup. I have it on record so in case I ever have problems with my Final Drive. 441 BMW of Fort Lauderdale are a bunch of rip off artists. They can not even perform the simplistic servicing on my RT.

BTW: They charged me $24.59 for the gear oil. 160ml or full to the top that is a RIP OFF!!

2012 R1200RT
1985 T5 Vespa
2007 Piaggio X9 500 EVO
post #8 of 8 Old Nov 3rd, 2014, 3:42 pm

For anyone thinking about going here, just don't do it.

I'm in Homestead and decided to skip the Miami dealer based on online reviews and head up to Ft. Lauderdale. I made an appointment for the 30,000 mile service and to have them look at what was causing my '04 r1150r to idle rough. I thought maybe the throttle bodies were out of sync and just need adjusting.

First off, the place is a bit of a mess, the service manager's counter had papers everywhere and while I was waiting and browsing the store there were little piles of debris swept behind clothing racks. Ok, not that big of a deal, but this is a BMW dealer and most of the one's I've been in are nice, tidy, modern, organized and clean., But again, all that isn't really a deal breaker, I'm not looking for champagne and la-z-boys while I wait.

A guy shows up and wants a set a new tires, he has no appointment and was told on Wednesdays they only have one mechanic, the manager goes to check to see if they can squeeze him in. Suddenly my bike is ready, cool. They couldn't fix the idle issue, not cool. I'm told it might be a throttle body going bad and they can be rebuilt. I ask how much is it to get that done and I'm told they don't do that here, but I can google it. The manager tells me to bring it back when they can have more time to look at it, the time was about 4:00. They do load the guys bike in to get him a new set of tires.....

I go home, work some google-fu, post to a message board and some folks tell me a couple of things to check. With nothing more than a flat head screw driver and about five minutes, I disconnect the ignition coil on one side and discover that is the issue.

I pick up two new coils at the Miami dealership the next day, pop them in and she is purring like a kitten. Thanks 441 cycles, next time I need some work done I'll be going to Miami or all the way to Ft. Meyers, but you won't be getting any of my cash.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.